• Ensure that all the food prepared in the hospital is of the highest standard and service
• Ensure that all special requests from patients have been served accordingly, for optimum customer satisfaction.
• Attend to customer complaints and resolve them in a timely manner
• Ensure adequate supplies of stocks, for effective functioning of the catering unit.
• Ensure sound and safe maintenance of kitchen machines and equipment for preventative maintenance.
• Prepare the kitchen duty roster and ensure that all the duties in the kitchen are covered to satisfaction, to guarantee effective provision of services.
• Inspect foodstuff being supplied are of the highest quality
• Prepare cost effective menus for all meals, and special requests to ensure consistency of quality and to minimize waste.
• Ensure timely provision of meals to maintain customer satisfaction.
• Induct new staff and train staff on a regular basis, to enable individual and departmental growth.
Personal and job skills requirements
• “A” / “O” Level Education
• Diploma in Food production
• 2 year supervisory experience in a busy institution or leading hotel
• Training in fire fighting, first-aid and lifesaving drills.
• Good inter-personal skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Problem solving skills
• Customer service skills
• Good communication and leadership skills