Looking for a hardworking individual who is able to run a young restaurant that specialises in classic Kenyan barbecue.
- Proven experience as Head Chef
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Degree/Diploma in culinary science or related certificate.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
• Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
• Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the customer
• Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
• Remedy any problems or defects, or customer complaints
• Be fully in charge of managing and training of their kitchen staff
• Estimate the staff’s workload and attendance schedule
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers