Gross Salary: 50-60k,
• Oversee all the food production, assist in daily food requirement orders, and maintenance of the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards
• Ensure meals are produced on time, and sufficient quantities are available
• Evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained
• Maintain stock levels of all kitchen supplies
• Ensure end of the month inventory is accurate
• Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
• Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
• Delegate duties to kitchen staff as per the menu requirements
• Ensure wastage is minimized by careful supervision of food preparation methods
• Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilized to prevent food loss
• Develop menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
• Ensure food portions are maintained and food presentation is correct
• Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
• Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality, stock closing and organize the issuing and receiving of kitchen supplies
• Schedule and establish a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
• Degree in Hospitality Management (Food Production Option)
• 3 years experience leading kitchen operations
• Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labor and waste to meet the food quality goals and the hotel’s financial goals.
• Demonstrate real passion for menu planning and leadership
• Good knowledge of hygiene and sanitization regulations
• Need to be able to manage staff, multitask when the kitchen gets busy, problem solving skills, and be keen to small details
• Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
• Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
• Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
• Charismatic individual
• Groomed and presentable individual with outstanding communication skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Head Chef - Restaurant) on/before Friday 11th June 2021.