Job Title: Accountant
Reporting to: Board of Directors
1. Finance and Accounting
• Responsible for the finance and accounting department.
• Ensure timelines, accuracy and usefulness of financial, management and statutory reporting
• Oversee cash flow planning for and ensure availability of funds as needed
• Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
• Management of annual audit process and preparation of statutory financial statements
• Annual Budget preparation
• Preparation of monthly results and analysis of variances
• Authorization and review of all supplier payments and filing of all statutory returns
• Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
• Approval of all payrolls
• Proper management and oversight of company’s inventory management, procurement and logistics to ensure that the company enjoys best quality, price and terms from suppliers.
• Timely collection of all due debts and reconciliations of all debtors accounts.
2. Risk management and internal controls
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
• Ensure that the company does not suffer financial loss through fraud and error by ensuring all assets are safeguarded by closely monitoring and maintaining adequate system of internal control.
• Ensure preparation and maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
• Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies. .
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
• Implement and ensure 100% compliance with company’s internal control policies
• Preparation of high-quality and timely Board papers and other docs required by the Directors.
• Saving of all financial models, workings and accounting information on clinics storage systems.
• Mentor and develop a direct team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution and building of an effective team dynamic
• Support the Directors and Administration on ad-doc matters as needed.
• Any other tasks as may be directed by the directors