Region : Nairobi
Reporting to : Chief Wholesale and Cloud Officer
Band : 5.1
Business Unit : Telkom Digital
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
The job holder will be required to leverage on Telkom Kenya’s infrastructure capabilities to sell services to licensed operators nationally, regionally and internationally to meet the Company’s sales objectives. He /She will be responsible for negotiating carrier rates, building customer relationships, onboarding new carriers and carriers compliance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage, coach and direct the Sales team in execution and implementation of Telkom Carrier sales strategy and ensure compliance with Telkom’s policies, practices and procedures.
• Build, develop and grow existing carrier relationships and negotiate competitive carrier rates while maintaining Company revenue and margin goals.
• Develop and nurture relationships with new and existing customers to secure additional capacity to meet the demands of the sales team.
• Manage new carrier onboarding through communication and detailed data entry that includes available equipment and optimal points of contact.
• Manager all the aspects impacting the customer accounts and eliminate any barriers in achievement of sales targets to grow carrier business and customer base
• Provide key insight on market trends and pricing to the executive team.
• Support the execution of customer-focused RFQs.
• Maintain a complete understanding of targeted capacity including POC’s.
Academic Background and Professional Knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, IT or Telecommunications.
• Master degree would be an advantage.
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in carrier business development, carrier operations, carrier pricing and negotiations environment.
• Minimum 5+ years of management experience, Relationship management and Extensive Telecoms Industry Knowledge.
Here are the skills we are looking for
• Ability to effectively negotiate with carriers in regards to market rates.
• Analytical mindset and data driven
• Sales Management skills
• Solution selling skills
• Good presentation skills
• Problem solving skills
• Strong planning, organizational and critical thinking skills
• Must have previous experience leading team members.
How to Apply:
Application should be sent via Apply Now Button by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 28th October 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.