- Prepare and implement yearly strategic plans for the sales division.
- Responsible for the delivery of quality segment focused, customer-insight led products and propositions in a timely manner.
- Manages vendor & partner relationships to assure sustainable value capture and growth in existing and new strategic areas.
- Responsible for Business Development for the Consumer market segment by developing, expanding and generating new business opportunities to ensure consumer business revenue objectives are attained.
- Accountable for overall consumer revenue.
- Defines the strategy and roadmap for individual value-added services and accountable for specifying, developing, launching and managing new value-added services based on developments in the market place and on the opportunities offered by developments in technology.
- Take responsibility for overall management and delivery of the sales business plan including monitoring and assessing the business and development plan.
- Proactively lead the key accounts team to ensure continuous sales growth and target achievement for all key accounts.
- Maintain and update customer databases and route maps for all the Sales team and conduct quarterly competitor product and pricing surveys.
- Implement the Consumer Sales public relations strategy to raise the company profile within the industry to prospective and existing clients.
- Act as the interface between all consumer sales representatives and senior management and ensure all issues arising are dealt with ethically, professionally and in the quickest time possible.
Qualifications for the Head of Consumer
- Bachelor's degree in Sales & Marketing, Business Administration or related field; Master's degree is advantage.
- At least ten (10) years of proven sales track record plus at least 5 years in a senior role within a highly commercial environment with demonstrable experience managing sales teams to achieve targets.
- Experienced in B2C sales and strategic analysis
- Good understanding of ICT and ICT platforms is preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and statistical analysis software.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Effective communication, negotiation and superior presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong business acumen.
- Experience researching market trends, targeting relationships and using proven methods to develop business strategy while retaining marketing partners.
- Strong time management skills and problem-solving skills
- Able to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts, participate in new projects and have a consulting mindset.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.