Salary: Ksh250k – 300k,
Our client is a leading manufacturer of heavy construction machinery and equipment. They seek to hire a self-driven, passionate and results-focused Head of Engineering to manage the mechanical engineering tasks, maintenance planning and execution of works in accordance with engineering needs work plan and budgeting plans.
- To support assembly, delivery, maintenance and repair work to the equipment at the working site, and training to distributors.
- To assist in advice and guidance to distributors for proper operation and maintenance of the equipment, selection & procurement of tools and shop equipment.
- To prepare necessary spare parts recommendation for the equipment and advise them to the distributors.
- Coordinate section activities through the planning with departmental managers to ensure the objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Manage and ensure effective implementation of mechanical engineering and maintenance functional policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements, fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review, and participate in the work of staff responsible for machinery maintenance
- Provide advisory assistance in regard to equipment and equipment needs and conditions.
- Identify staff development needs and train the maintenance personnel in equipment maintenance and safety methods, procedures, and techniques for maximum productivity.
- Maintain all equipment manuals, equipment warranties, and tool inventories.
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work.
- Has a supervisory role over all manpower under his department.
- Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Ensure all activities relating to mechanical engineering are fully captured and transacted on the ERP platform.
- Follow up status of spare parts stock and find new source of spares
- Plan for Preventive maintenance of all equipment to confirm the highest performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering/Mechanical engineering or in a related field
- Must be conversant in maintenance and upkeep of Heavy construction equipment.
- Must have over 5 years working experience preferably handling Construction equipment.
- Able to work to a high level of accuracy and Computer literate (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal & written) to communicate with other team members and managers
- Excellent Organizational skills and Problem solving skills. Teamwork and collaboration to support all team members.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Head of Engineering) on/before 12th November 2021.