• Oversee daily operations of all areas of finance including cash management, banking, accounting, management of fees and accounts payables and fixed assets management.
• Managing the day to day operations of the college.
• Manage and monitor compliance to policies, processes, systems and controls to ensure integrity of the financial systems, data and reporting as well as adherence to financial best practices.
• Ensure student fees invoices are issued on a timely basis and individual student accounts are reconciled with Admissions office
• Ensure fees collections are effectively managed, regular follow-ups are done on the outstanding fees balances, and all collections are banked on a daily basis.
• Minimize cash transactions and ensure cash and bank balances are reconciled on a daily basis.
• Ensure all other receivables and payables are reconciled on at least on a monthly basis and outstanding issues are resolved on a timely basis.
• Working closely with the Head of Finance on budgeting process, ensuring input from the Senior Management and Heads of Department. Ensure effective monitoring of approved budget and variances are highlighted in a timely way.
• Ensure all procurement comply with the authority matrix and procurement guidelines.
• Manage all statutory compliance and ensure payment of taxes, rates and other statutory dues in a timely way.
• Facilitate internal and external audits and ensure implementation of audit recommendations
• Independently manage accounting process and ERP system for timely accounting and financial reporting.
• Prepare periodic internal and external reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Liaise with staff, students and parents and address their issues / concerns professionally and efficiently
• Maintaining, developing, coordinating, and overseeing the various programs in the college
• Managing student admissions procedures and planning and producing application and admissions materials, review student applications and maintain student files.
• Oversee collection of tuition and fees maintain student transcripts. and supervise commencement.
• Overseeing extracurricular activities and counseling services.
• Ensuring quality training is offered by periodically evaluating staff performance.
• In charge of student enrolment and admission.
• Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university
• Professional qualification in a finance related field e.g CPA, CSIA, CFA, ACCA with at least 7 years’ experience in finance and 3 years in similar position in
Education sector preferred.
• Advanced use of Microsoft Office especially MS Excel
• Strong knowledge of Accounting and hands-on experience of ERP.
• The ability to work effectively as part of a team, both within the Academy and wider Network Finance Teams.
• A strong work ethic, with attention to detail, while retaining a flexible approach to problem solving.
• A high level of integrity needed to handle fiscal responsibilities and confidential information.