Save the Children International Kenya Country office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Head of Finance. The role holder will be responsible for all finance functions for Save the Children in Kenya & Madagascar. This includes ensuring the integrity of financial systems, that all financial transactions are properly recorded, that all financial reporting (budget, cash flow, forecasts) are delivered in a timely and accurate manner, and ensuring full compliance with internal policies and procedures, legal and donor requirements. This is a senior management role, providing crucial support to the Country Director with oversight of all finance staff. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualification and Experience
- Recommended a minimum of seven years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, of which three at a management level within the finance department of a national or international organization.
- Bachelor's Degree, Finance /Accounting (or equivalent).
- CPA or equivalent certification (CA, ACMA, ACCA) strongly recommended
- Excellent understanding of business and financial planning including strategic modelling
- Excellent analytical skills - the ability to analyse complex financial data and design and produce effective management information.
- Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management.
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions.
- Excellent experience of computerized accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience of general administration work.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to build a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment.
- Written and verbal fluency in English.
- Understanding of Save the Children's vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at .
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.