Teach For All is a global non-profit organization with over 140 team members located in our offices or remotely in over 20 countries around the world., This position can be based in: Mexico, United States, Canada, Belgium, UK, Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, Malawi, Tunisia,
India, Philippines, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, UAE
DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS
Teach For All seeks a Head of Global Development & Strategic Partnerships to lead our efforts to generate the philanthropic revenue and global partnerships necessary to increase the impact of our global organization and network. The Head of Global Development & Strategic Partnerships will lead a team of 15 staff members and work closely with the CEO, heads of regions, program teams, network partners, and the Board of Directors to develop partnerships and increase philanthropic revenue from a diverse global portfolio of individual philanthropists, foundations, and corporations. They will shape the strategy and partnerships to maximize global impact, including by securing over $25 million annually for our global organization and generating more than $10 million annually for network partners.
This position will be an externally facing leader who will frequently represent Teach For All across a range of forums and audiences including among supporters, network partners, and donors as well as in public forums. We are seeking a proven leader who possesses exceptional strategic skills, strong relationship building and advocacy skills, entrepreneurial spirit, a collaborative and effective approach to leading teams, and a deep personal belief in Teach For All’s approach and mission.
The Head of Global Development & Strategic Partnerships will report directly to the CEO and assume ultimate responsibility for developing the strategy that will generate the relationships, partnerships and resources necessary to maximize Teach For All’s impact.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop a thoughtful and insightful global strategy grounded in a deep understanding of the interests and priorities of global philanthropists, foundations and corporations as well as of the interests and priorities of Teach For All and its network partners
• Ensure that Teach For All meets its annual revenue targets of over $25 million for the global organization and $10 million for network partners in FY20
• Serve as the chief strategic thought partner for the CEO, development team, heads of regions, network partners and others as they engage with philanthropic supporters and prospects
• Personally represent Teach For All in philanthropic events and manage long-term relationships with high potential donors globally
• Grow Teach For All’s philanthropic network through leveraging Teach For All’s people and assets to gain new introductions
• Build a diverse global development team that operates with inclusiveness, strong relationships and learning, and has access to professional development opportunities, joint problem-solving and coaching
• Work with other organizational leaders to ensure the organization supports global development, and that global development efforts are fully supportive of Teach For
All’s programs and priorities and in alignment with the organization’s culture, mission and values
• Partner with other teams including the Government & Multilateral Affairs and Public Affairs teams, to maximize Teach For All’s external positioning in order to support its goals
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Minimum of 10 years work experience including significant leadership responsibility and track record generating resources, developing partnerships, and building strong and diverse teams
• Deep and broad understanding of Teach For All’s mission and programmatic approach, and ability to present an accurate and compelling picture of our work to
many different external stakeholders
• Ability to thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced and entrepreneurial organization as part of a collaborative, cross-matrixed and committed team
• Exceptional strategic thinking and reasoning skills
• Exceptional ability to build relationships and influence and inspire diverse stakeholders
• Must have sensitivity to racial, cultural and ideological diversity
• Exemplifies Teach For All’s core values
• Prior international experience preferred
• Prior experience with the Teach For All network highly preferred
Travel and Hours
Significant travel expected, approximately 50% domestically and internationally to meet and build positive relationships with donors and global champions. This will be when it is safe to do so and accordance with local travel guidelines.
Given that we work across every different time zone, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls are an expectation of this role.
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on country of hire, prior work experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Candidates for this position must possess local work authorization in order to be considered.