United Nations Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Ltd (UN Sacco Ltd) is one of the best managed Tier 1 Saccos and has been in operation for over 40 years.
The Sacco has significantly grown over the years and looking to recruit vibrant individuals of high integrity who will work with the current team to take the Sacco to the next level of Success.
In her quest for excellence, the Sacco seeks to recruit for the positions as advertised below;
Job Title: Head of ICT
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Terms: 5 Years Renewable contract
Job Summary: Head of ICT will steer all technology functions encompassing ICT infrastructure set-up, systems security, development and implementation of ICT strategic plan and ICT policies,
data back up and disaster recovery. He/she will ensure that the society adopts with the latest ICT developments in its operations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all operations of the ICT Department and ensure timely provision of ICT services to all functions of the Society
- Oversee all technology operations including networks, computer infrastructure, Databases, Sacco core banking applications and deploy & operate them according to established goals
- Formulate, implement and review Sacco’s ICT policies, procedures, strategies and systems, to support the implementation of strategies set by the Board.
- Translate business needs to determine technology requirements
- Establish appropriate management controls to oversee IT projects and system changes
- Prepare ICT budget and manage both capital expenditure and OPEX in line with set goals and value for money
- Establish and maintain operational and change management procedures
- Execute departmental objectives in line with the Sacco’s strategic plan and aligning the ICT strategy with the Society’s strategic plan
- Ensure compliance with ICT regulations and advise management on optimization of ICT resources in the Sacco.
- Manage the Sacco ICT assets to support effective implementation of the Sacco objectives
- Maintain register of all ICT hardware, software and systems to ensure full asset management and timely replacement/upgrades as required.
- Maintain security, confidentiality and integrity of the Sacco’s systems and information
- Formulating and implementing a prudent ICT risk management strategy.
- Ensure that all IT dynamics in use by the organization keep pace with technological innovations and developments.
- Assist, co-ordinate all systems implementation including working with ready-made applications and external consultation if need be.
- Coordinate and supervise IT staff, vendors, and other professionals in delivery of Sacco’s objectives
- Ensure business continuity and effective disaster management and recovery planning
- Prepare and present ICT Reports to the management
- Coordinate regular maintenance and serviceability checks to ensure all ICT equipment and systems remain functional.
- Responsible for ongoing training of Sacco staff on ICT related areas to ensure staff have adequate ICT knowledge to perform their primary functions.
- Management of IT incidences, support issues and services fulfilment.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software. Responsible for on-site and off-site data centers.
- Actively ensure appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards are in place to protect Sacco’s information assets from internal and external threats
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- To perform any other duty as assigned in line with the Sacco’s goals and objective.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT, computer science, and/or another related field.
- A Master’s degree in ICT or related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 8 years of working experience and at least 5 years in a similar role in terms of scale and complexity, in a financial institution: Banks, microfinance, or Sacco institution.
- ITIL foundation level certification
- MCSA /MCSE/ CCNA certification
- Project management certification
- Knowledge and experience in Windows 2012/2019 SQL server
- Knowledge and experience in Windows Server 2012/2019
- Oracle / Microsoft Dynamics CRM and ERP Applications proven experience.
- Knowledge of the Sacco products, services, policies and systems, to enable appreciation of the impact of the role.
- Membership with ICT Professional Body e.g. Computer Society of Kenya, ISACA, PMI
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications clearly indicating the position applied for together with
a) A detailed Curriculum Vitae
b) Certified copies of Academic certificates, transcripts, professional certificates and any other relevant supporting documents
c) Copy of National Identity Card
d) Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (DCI)
e) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
f) Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
g) Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
h) Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
i) Three (3) names of referees one of which must be the current employer and their mobile telephone and e-mail contacts
UNSACCO Ltd is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications and other relevant supporting documents must be submitted in soft copy only through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us on or before 29th January 2021 latest 5.00pm ( East Africa Time.)