• Develop and implement policies and procedures that promote efficiency, transparency and accountability for Purchasing.
• Set up and implement a supply chain system that ensures all purchasing for Hospital supplies and equipment are in accordance with hospital policies.
• Responsible for developing and realizing the Capital equipment budget for the hospital, as well as realizing the operational supplies budgets set by the management.
• Develop, manage and set up systems to monitor the day to day activities of the purchasing department staff.
• Be a key player in the senior management team in advising on Hospital pricing structures to ensure the hospital retains a respectable surplus from all its purchases.
• Participate in senior level management activities including development and implementation of the institutional strategic plan.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures that ensure efficient stock levels and equipment are always maintained at the Hospital.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures that ensure safe receipt, storage and distribution of all Hospital purchases.
• Develop and implement systems that ensure complete, accurate and efficient recording of all materials purchased and distributed in the hospital.
• Develop and maintain systems that monitor the day to day activities of stock Management/Warehouse staff.
• Discovering and supporting growth opportunities for the hospital.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
• Diploma or other post graduate qualification in Supply Chain Management.
• Proven track record in managing a busy medium/large size purchasing and warehousing department.
• Purchasing and Warehouse experience in hospitals will be an added advantage.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Track record of effective leadership of large and disparate teams.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open depending on individual skills and experience.
Position Level: Executive Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline: 30th September 2020.
We endeavor to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately high
volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from
us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this
occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles
so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that
match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***