Based in Mombasa, Kenya, the Head of Operation will provide leadership and management of the operational, administrative, and other support functions at the Aga Khan Academy Mombasa.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Based in Mombasa, Kenya, the Head of Operation will provide leadership and management of the operational, administrative, and other support functions at the Aga Khan Academy Mombasa. The incumbent will also be a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) based at the Academy. The role will have a solid reporting to the Head of Academy, and where appropriate will also have a dotted line reporting to the designated person at the Aga Khan Schools (AKS) Head Office. The Head of Operation will also interact and work closely with the other Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) agencies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- The role has a significant strategic element to it and the appointee will be expected to play a leading part in planning and implementation of all existing and future infrastructure plans/projects of the school.
- The post holder will work closely with the Head of Administration, other support service managers and the Senior Leadership Team on all the operations and administrative matters, pertaining to the effective running and management of the Academy, including keeping them abreast of any relevant changes to statutory regulations.
- Map out, analyse and manage the improvement and streamlining of key Operations processes.
- Lead as the operations expert in automation of required processes.
- Lead in planning and implementing infrastructure plans/projects (current & future) aimed at achieving cost efficiencies.
- Develop and implement operational policies and guidelines to inform operational activities in the School.
- Develop and implement key matrices and benchmarks to measure operating performance, efficiencies, and reporting of key performances measures of all support functions.
- Regularly review and track risks which may affect the financial viability and smooth operation of the Academy.
- Support the Academy in its work to generate revenue, increase enrolments and enhance its market position.
The post holder will oversee the work of the
Head of Administration
a) Ensuring that the catering on campus is fit for purpose with good dietary and financial value.
b) Maintaining housekeeping (including laundry) to an appropriately high standard,
c) Ensuring that transport facilities are fit for purpose, including the maintenance and safety of all vehicles, and provision of transport as shall from time to time be needed for the conveyance of students and staff.
d) Ensuring that security on campus is of the highest quality to ensure the safety of all personnel, students and property.
e) Ensuring that the Health and Wellness clinic delivers the highest quality service for the community.
a) Advises the Head of Academy of any operational matters that may give rise to significant or unbudgeted expenditure at the earliest possible opportunity.
b) All open grounds are landscaped, and gardens are maintained effectively.
c) Maintenance and repairs operate effectively and ensure all buildings and facilities are maintained at high standards.
a) Ensuring that IT infrastructure and data security is ensured and maintained at the appropriate standard.
b) Ensuring that all IT equipment, infrastructure, data and software are up to date and maintained to the highest standards.
c) Ensuring that users have access to the IT infrastructure when they are at the campus that meet their needs.
Skills and Attributes
- Proactive, sound judgement combined with the highest standards of personal integrity, energy, stamina, enthusiasm and a sense of humour
- Ability to work dynamically and flexibly as part of a leadership team, to show initiative and imagination and the ability to inspire others
- The presence, intellect, tact and credibility to represent the School at all levels and to a variety of audiences, both internal and external
- Vision, creative flair and commercial acumen combined with the ability to operate at a strategic level
- Client focused and target driven
- High levels of discretion and confidentiality
- The ability to manage and prioritise a diverse workload, to meet deadlines, and to work calmly under pressure
- High work standards evidenced by a consistently thorough detailed and organised approach.
- Proven experience as Head of Operations or equivalent position.
- A degree in Business Administration, Project Management, or relevant field.
- Experience in an educational setting, preferably with a residential programme.
- Highly literate and numerate, excellent in the use of IT for analysis of data.
- Experience in financial management relating to operations.
- Experience in the development of operational systems.
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Academies are an integrated network of residential schools dedicated to expanding access to education of an international standard of excellence to exceptional young men and women regardless of their ability to pay. The Aga Khan Academies foundational values include pluralism, meritocracy and civil society. Housed in spacious and attractive campuses with outstanding facilities, the Academies offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum from Primary Years to the Diploma and provide a rich opportunity for both teachers and students alike to grow both professionally and personally. The first Aga Khan Academy opened in Mombasa, Kenya in 2003, the second in Hyderabad, India, in 2011, and the third in Maputo, in 2013. Others are to be built in Africa, South and Central Asia and the Middle East.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured