The Head of Production has overall responsibility for defining the production strategy for the Group’s operations and that the company is supported to achieve business goals. The position assumes responsibility for the conversion of commercial forecasts and plans into production and materials management plans. Oversees production, materials planning, quality assurance, continuous improvement, team building and supervision, and process optimization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Directors. The position leverages knowledge, strategic vision and detailed implementation to support production efficiency and growing product portfolios.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
1. Develop, implement and monitor the implementation of the production strategy across all the production units.
2. Receive sales forecasts from the sales department and ensure that these are converted into production and materials management plans; Ensure that the plant has the capacity to deliver planned volumes, on time and at the right cost.
3. Manage all aspects of production, and testing, that ensures on-time delivery of products and services that meet the highest quality standards and established financial goals for the plant.
4. Develop and establish operating policies consistent with the Board/Directors broad policies and objectives and ensure their adequate execution.
5. Appraise and evaluate the results of overall production operations across production units regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the Directors.
6. Set production manufacturing standards including equipment specifications, plant lay out, plant efficiencies and monitor performance against standards and generate global performance reports. Ensure best practice standards across all production units.
7. Leads the development of annual production plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives. Recommends their adoption to the Directors.
8. Manage the overall product delivery schedule including the production pipeline, job scheduling, materials planning, production, test and delivery of final product.
9. Direct the development and setting up of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow to solidify management control and direction of the company.
10. Take a leadership role in optimization strategies in the areas of planning, production, testing, supply chain, safety, health and environment and corporate processes.
11. Direct day-to-day management of outsourced services within production as well as procurement, materials management, product verification and testing, quality assurance, customer service and satisfaction
12. Provide oversight to the selection, introduction and implementation of continuous improvement processes and advanced production tools and systems.
13. Enforce compliance to set laws, regulations and customer requirements governing business operations.
14. Provide oversight to maintenance and expansion projects within the Group and beyond, as applicable.
15. Implement, monitor and facilitate performance management programs and support staff through training, mentorship and coaching.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and experience required
· Bachelors Degree in operations management or a related field
· At least 10 years relevant work experience at a senior level in the building industry
· Sound knowledge of concrete production facilities requirements, processes, operations and
Key Skills and Competencies
· Strong leadership skills with hands-on capability and management style.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Team-oriented, forward-thinking, creative, and naturally curious.
· Self-starter, high energy level with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Highest level of personal and professional integrity
· Knowledgeable in all areas of operations of the industry
How to apply:
Please make your application on our portal at jobs.adeptsystems.co.ke or click the "Apply Now Button". This will require you to create a profile and in addition attach your detailed and up to date CV with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements. Your application should be sent by close of business 25th October 2021.