Location: Nairobi Travel
Position Type: Full Time
Lead, develop and manage the Project department and special projects function to achieve a sustainable and long-term competitive advantage. Drive the business performance of the division in order to maximize the P&L results and develop the business on a short and long term perspective.
• Lead the development and implementation of projects.
• Participate as a member of the management team
• Grow and enhance the special projects product line and service offering to increase company Market share and contribute to the delivery of the growth target set out.
• Ensure relevance and responsiveness of services offered
• Manage risk and protect the company against financial and reputational damage
• Ensure high level of service delivery through the provision of technical advice and support to operational management, irrespective of the service/product life cycle from inception to completion, placing emphasis on service performance, on time performance, Quality & efficiency.
• Ensure Daily update on Reports, emails and Hansa / Warehouse management system where applicable.
• Monitor and analyze business performance and take corrective actions when necessary to reach objectives.
• Lead the Project / PL
• Special Projects business plan
• Business strategy and plans
• Economic result / profitability of the product
• Up to date Industry, Client and market intelligence
• Risk assessment and management
• Service Performance Delivery
• Improved efficiency, directly contributing to business performance
Role related Qualifications/Skills:
• Relevant University degree in Project management
• At least 10 years experience of which at least five in management capacity
• Deep knowledge of operational processes
Role Related Competencies (Behavioral Indicators):
• Company reputation and brand
• TO / GP / EBIT improvement
• Total Compliance and governance
• Service and operational delivery
• On time performance
Role-related Performance Indicators:
• Leadership skills
• Conceptual and strategic thinking
• Business acumen
• Good communication skills
• Good collaboration skills
• Ability to drive and deliver results
• Build Organizational talent at departmental level
• Build value-based relationships
• Analytical ability and problem solving
• Attention to detail