The successful candidate will be responsible for building & maintain strong relationships with key public affairs stakeholders in Kenya to mitigate business risks. Candidates with a background in the retail sector will have a distinct advantage.
• Manage & execute stakeholder engagement programme.
• Identifying & building a relationship with local, regional & national industrial bodies.
• Producing accessible & effective written briefings on complex topics for a variety of internal & external audiences.
• Representing the business at external meetings with political, public affairs & industrial stakeholders.
• Presenting the Organisation as a transparent, responsible & pragmatic business.
• Providing analysis and ensure internal forecasting through monitoring legislation & parliamentary proceeding.
• Create & draft written communication to local, regional, regulatory bodies and national level government.
• Engage with and introduce new public affair audience to Organisation policies & practices.
• Advice executive team on public affair issues and their implications.
• Must have a relevant bachelor’s degree.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
• Candidates with experience working in the retail industry will have a distinct advantage.
• Must demonstrate experience in leading & delivering effective public affairs programmes in house.
• Experience in building relationships with parliament, government, devolved government & politics.
• Excellent commercial acumen and able to foresee the impact of political development in business.
• Strong organisation skills with a natural ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Hands-on experience in partnering with multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills.
Monthly gross salary: Ks. 200,000 – 300,000 /= ( Approx. 2,000 - 3,000 USD) Plus benefits.
Position level: Upper Mid-Level.
Job Type: Permanent Position.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 10th December 2020.
We endeavour to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***