REPORTS TO:Chief Executive Officer
SUPERVISION:National Sales Manager, Training Manager, Team Leader Individual Life Operations
The role holder will be responsible for leading the overall individual life insurance business development, client and product strategy, as well as developing specific market plans that will create a robust pipeline for long-term and sustainable growth of individual life business. The role holder is also responsible for ensuring the technical functions of the business are in place and meet expectations.
• Lead the overall ordinary life insurance business development, client, and product strategy and take responsibility for the overall growth and customer engagements.
• Define and implement overall ordinary life product strategy, product development and go-to-market plans.
• Takes full ownership and accountability for achieving the set sales targets through effective management, marketing and development of the business development teams
• Effective management and implementation of cost efficiency measures covering acquisition and administration costs
• Identify and cultivate new ideas to fuel the growth of ordinary life business and drive innovation through differentiated product offerings
• Ensuring compliance with statutory and internal control processes at the business units
• Develop and manage a high- performance team in support of strategic and growth objectives.
• Formulate, build and promote a customer focused culture that supports the delivery of an outstanding service
• Explore new business opportunities to market the products and develops new sources of distribution to expand outreach and increase revenues through leveraged use of technology
• Forge strategic partnerships to support expansion into new and alternative markets, creation of competitive advantage, creation of cost efficiencies and reduction of risks
• Oversee the different sections of the ordinary life business and have robust measurable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the team, holding them fully accountable for results
• Entrench performance based appraisal of departmental staff in line with their set KPIs and departmental targets.
• Train, coach and mentor staff in order to improve performance and cohesion within the department
• Actively interfaces with the other Business Units and Companies in the group to ensure smooth and efficient processes and optimum use of resources and technology.
• Leads, inspires and coaches team members to achieve their targets while supporting their professional and personal development.
• Supports management projects and participates in the development of policies and procedures.
• Keeps in sight the need to optimize efficiency and revenue while maintaining diligent cost management.
• Ensures compliance with all relevant laws, policies, and regulations as a matter of course.
• Participate in management meeting, projects and committees as assigned
• Participate in company CSR and brand building activities in liaison with other departments
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes:
• In-depth knowledge of the life Insurance industry and the competitive landscape in the distribution of ordinary life insurance products.
• Strategic thinker with ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the senior executive team.
• Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution while remaining cost-sensitive.
• Ability to anticipate client needs in a way that builds product abilities and opportunities to gain competitive advantage.
• An outgoing, positive person who has the ability to develop high level relationships
• Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality in interpersonal interaction
• Understanding of digital products and digital methods of distribution of insurance products shall be an added advantage
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field required.
• Member of a relevant professional industry related body
• At least 10 years relevant experience with at least 5 years managerial experience
• Experience managing a P&L and leading both direct and cross-functional teams.