Our client, a fast-growing HOT AC Commercial Radio Station in Kenya is seeking to grow their fun team by onboarding the following position. If you are fun loving and passionately committed to Radio, meet the qualifications as detailed and are willing to set your career growth in motion, send your resume and cover letter.
The Head of Sales has the primary responsibility of leading and overseeing the activities of the sales department. The ideal candidate will guide his team in preparation and delivery of sales presentations to new and existing clients to protect and increase advertising revenue. The Head of leads the Sales Team, identifies new markets, and designs and delivers, marketing incentives, partnerships as well as other innovative, ad sales enabling and ad revenue generating opportunities for the station.
Basic minimum skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or any other related field. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable for the position.
- Must have had 5- 7 years of working experience in an advertising sales position within a fast paced and dynamic business environment, preferably working as a senior advertising sales manager.
- The candidate must have proven and successful experience leading a sales team.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of not only radio but on-ground and online advertising channels and techniques.
- Have already established extensive client and agency relationships.
- Have a keen understanding of the agency and consumer landscape as well as a high-level of comfort driving sales opportunities in all contexts.
- Must be able to articulate the business’s messages clearly and in a manner that attracts prospective consumers and encourages the retention of the existent consumers.
- Skilled in drafting reports and presentations for senior sales management and in drawing advertising materials.
- Must have strong analytical skills and a demonstrated passion of drawing useful insights from data.
- Must be capable of conducting market, competitive, and performance analyses for the station.
- Must be consumer-oriented, have a high level of integrity, be self-motivated and enthusiastic, have an ability to work and adapt to cross-functional settings, and have excellent organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple projects.
- Must be detail-oriented, have an ability to readily embrace change, be a creative and strategic thinker, have excellent problem-solving skills, have an ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines, and demonstrate composure under pressure and in times of uncertainty, inspiring the same in his team.
- Must be conversant with the modern sales management and CRM tools.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.