• Providing leadership in car sales by developing weekly/monthly/annual sales targets for branches and other sales teams, identifying growth opportunities, sales improvements,and taking responsibility for the actual performance verses set targets.
• Work in liaison with the Marketing manager to ensure that launches, activations, and campaign activities are successful
• Designing and implementing a strategic car sales plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence in the market.
• Assists in the development and implementation of sales action plan that incorporate key actions used to set KPI’s for the sales leaders, i.e Preparing forecasts used in organizational planning, financial forecasting, budget setting and strategic planning.
• Analysing sales performance, evaluating current sales strategy successes and identifying areas of improvement (weaknesses) with a view of establishing actionable insights for increasing customer satisfaction, improving sales and enhanced revenue generation for the business.
• Monitoring the brand and making forecasts, identifying new trends ahead of the curve, hence, offering the business a competitive advantage and keeping it ahead of its competition in the market.
• Hold daily/ weekly sales team meeting to come up with effective sales strategies, communicate performance standards and targets expectations and ensure they are met.
• Train all sales staff on best sales techniques for increased productivity.
• Working closely with other departments, collecting relevant data and information, translating it into actionable strategies that drive sales and lead to achievement of targets.
• Establishing and fostering partnerships and relationships with dealers, other external partners, and key consumers to enable Mogo become a market leader in identification of potential opportunities for sales and revenue generation
• Performance Management- Monitor and evaluate the performance of all branches and other sales teams through performance appraisals and recommend / initiate corrective action where necessary to improve performance and attainment of set targets, as well as recommending their confirmation and training needs.
• Succession Planning- In collaboration with the HR Department, develop and implement a succession planning program for sales team to facilitate continuity and availability of required skills and competencies to meet the needs of the business.
• Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports, so as to keep abreast with targets v/s actual achievement.
• University degree in Business management, Sales and Marketing, Finance, or related field.
• 5+ year experience as a sales executive, sales manager meeting or exceeding targets
• Work experience relating B2C sales, call centre management and sales team management will be considered as an advantage.
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
• Proven ability to position products against competitors
• Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated, and achievable solutions
• Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
• Fluent in English and Swahili
• Loyalty and integrity