Our client in the Retail Industry is looking for a Head of Sales.
Duties of the Head of Sales
• Motivating the sales team to achieve the best results possible.
• Setting activity and revenue targets for members of the sales team.
• Continual training and development of all members of the sales department.
• Attending key meetings with members of the sales team.
• Working on account management plans with the sales account managers.
• Manage Marketing budget and assist with Marketing of company products
• Identifying key areas for improvement in the sales process.
• Spotting market opportunities for new customers.
• Attending monthly meetings with other senior members of the business.
• All aspects of recruitment and selection for the sales department.
• Attending industry events and conferences to generate new business leads.
• Acting as a spokesperson for the organization at sales events and conferences.
• Networking with other directors in order to generate new business for the company.
• Monthly reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances.
• Identify new ways of generating incremental revenue/minimizing expenses for the organization.
• Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
Background of the Head of Sales
• Degree in Business Management.
• Previous 2-4 years’ experience successfully managing sales teams ideally from a RETAIL FASHION INDUSTRY.
• Professional sales training would be a strong advantage.
• Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business.
• Strong leadership skills and an ability to inspire sales teams.
• Self-motivated with high energy sales drive.
• Proven track record of closing business by building quality client relationships.
• Creativity to structure mutually beneficial deals.
• Excellent, proven cold call skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends, based on business needs.
• Demonstrate excellent situational people management skills- motivating; coaching, lead by example & when required apply supportive pressure
Salary KES 120,000 – 150,000 Gross dependent on experience