Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 5 years with leading tour company with proven performance record
Job Field: Kenya & Tanzania Tours and Travel
Salary: Commensurate with experience
THIS ROLE INVOLVES:
• Identify and cultivate new travel agencies or agents that can cost effectively grow product distribution
• Generate new business relationships with innovative and non-traditional affinity groups such as retirement communities, non-profit organizations, etc.
• Manage existing relationships with key accounts
• Develop a calling strategy to achieve the sales targets for the company that prioritizes agencies by productivity and potential; generate 50 outbound sales calls per week
• Manage the creation of sales presentations, marketing collateral, emails, newsletters and trade shows
• Develop a quest for knowledge to master our destinations: Kenya, Tanzania, & Zanzibar
• Taking initiative: You will be proactive in generating business by following up on incoming leads from our sales and marketing campaigns.
• Prepare and translate itineraries to clients for the various destinations of interest and make sure that all travel arrangements run according to the program.
• Researching, developing and creating interesting tour packages to clients to meet market demand.
• Contribute to writing dispatching email marketing campaigns and promote social media engagement and brand awareness campaigns
KEY QUALITIES NEEDED TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a busy Tours and Travel agency environment
• Tourism Management degree / Tours and Travel degree or related degree
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Qualified, Experienced and Detail Oriented
• Confident, Self-starter, highly motivated to grow and
• Ability to multi-task and get things done.
• A team player with excellent written and oral communication skills
• Keen attention to detail.
• Goal oriented and ambitious
• Competent proficiency in Wetu.com, MS Office products including Excel and Outlook and able to master new technologies.
ARE YOU ...
• Customer service oriented: You have a desire to anticipate, recognize, and exceed guests’ needs.
• Attentive to details: Providing quality is important to you - you know that being accurate and thorough contributes to a positive guest experience.
• Enthusiastic: You are ready to tackle any challenge with a positive attitude.
• Balanced: You can maintain focus while prioritizing a multitude of tasks.
• Tech savvy: You welcome the opportunity to learn new software programs.
• A top performer: You have high standards and hold yourself accountable to your work.