Head Supply Chain Management, job grade “3b” –
• Implement the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act regulations and all related statutes on public procurement for the Institution and ensuring adherence to procedures, rules and regulations.
• Oversee the development and implementation of supply chain management policies, plans and strategies.
• Implement tender awards decisions by the Director General and decisions made by the disposal committees.
• Analyze supply chain management structures and systems; initiating and developing supply chain management policies and performance improvement strategies that are adaptive to the changing environment and technology.
• Advise the accounting officer on supply chain management matters and ensuring high professional supply chain management standards.
• Oversee staff within department directly and indirectly.
• Coordinate procurement operations.
• Plan and coordinate supply chain management activities in areas of procurement and disposal of stores and ensures that goods procured for the institution meet tender specifications.
• Propose membership of the relevant committees under the Act/Regulations to the Director General for appointment.
• Monitor the procurement functions at parks and outreach stations and taking prompt actions.
• Determine the mode of procurement method and giving appropriate instructions.
• Review and write professional opinion for tenders to the Director General for awards.
• Review and approve evaluation for the quotations.
• Supervise, appraise and ensure appropriate training of staff in the Department.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Director General from time to time.
• Masters degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
• Membership with a relevant professional body.
• Minimum ten (10) years working experience three (3) of which must have been in senior management level.