Research, Teaching & Training
The position of the head teacher exists in the school to provide professional leadership to the entire academic arm of the school. The head teacher is an executive member of the board of management and holds authority and privileges due such an office.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
LINE ONE: MANAGER,
LINE TWO: DIRECTORS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The head teacher’s office shall by virtue of position perform oversight roles in all areas of operation in the school fraternity, specifically but not limited to shall perform the following roles:
• Ensure the highest standards of academic excellence are attained and maintained at all times in the school.
• Set standards of achievement for the teachers and the learners in accordance with key performance indicators of the appraisal system in place.
• Shall endeavour to make the school a centre of excellence in academic excellence and individual learner achievement.
• Shall mentor and coach the teaching staff and create a strong team of teachers who shall be able to deliver in all areas of their operation.
• Will ensure the school programmes and master plans are keenly followed making the school run like well-oiled machinery.
• Shall inspect all teacher professional records to ensure that they meet the expected standards and follow through their practical use in class in an effective manner that assures confidence of results.
• Shall advise the school management through the existing channels on all matters relating to education in conformity with the ministry of education policies, TSC guidelines and other related authorities.
• Will ensure that the school collects all accrued fee from the parents and benefactors to meet the set minimum termly debt threshold.
• Shall create networks and partnerships with likeminded institutions for bench marking and exchange programmes geared towards building excellence in the institution.
• Shall process leave of absence requests from the teaching staff and forward the same for approval by the human resource office.
• Handle discipline cases of learners as forwarded by the disciplinary committee headed by the deputy head teacher.
• Shall liaise with the human resource manager in all matters relating to the teaching staff and act in such capacity in the absence of the HR manager.
• Shall prepare a termly report touching on all areas of his office and table the same to the executive committee where he sits as the secretary in a sitting citing achievements, areas of improvement, challenges and recommendations.
• Participate as an expert in the recruitment of teaching staff assessing suitability of the candidate as a teacher in teaching methodology and grasp of content.
• Prepare the academic budget of the school and deliver the same to the manager’s office before the end of the preceding term.
• Convene teaching staff meetings and chair the same guiding the agenda to foster achievement of the strategic goals of the school.
• Pursue opportunities of integration of technology into teaching and learning processes keeping pace with the dynamic learning approaches and techniques.
• Ensuring that the school remains modern visible and highly marketable in the education space nationally and globally.
• Participate in the performance appraisal of the teaching staff as per the guidelines given by the HR office.
• Keeping current and relevant files with all information relating the areas of operation of the office.
• Receive new members of the teaching staff from the HR manager and provide necessary orientation and deployment to fit the need expressed.
• File in a timely manner teaching staff needs to the office of the human resource to help prepare in advance to respond to such needs.
• Take a leading role in planning of all school events ensuring they depict a world class image for the school.
• Be the link between the school and the parents, ministry of education, TSC, KNEC and any other body on all academic matters.
The successful performance of all the above duties and responsibility will be assessed on term basis using a performance measurement tool which will be shared with you soon.
The key performance indicators will be derived directly from your duties and responsibilities.
The office of the human resource manager takes the earliest opportunity to wish you every bit of success in your office.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured