Kensvalley is an international school located in the Ngong area that is looking to add to their team a competent, dedicated, driven, passionate and experienced headteacher. The Head of the School is expected to provide dynamic leadership to the department, maintaining the highest possible standards and inspiring a team of committed staff.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
- Lead, develop and inspire an excellent, committed, forward-looking teaching and support staff
- Inspire pupils with the joy of learning and the thrill of exploration
- Work collaboratively with the team to provide a quality all-round education for pupils in the local community
- Deploy and manage all teaching staff and allocate particular duties to them in a manner consistent with their conditions of employment and job descriptions
- Evaluate the standards of teaching and learning, ensuring that proper and appropriate standards of professional performance are established and maintained
- Supervise and administer the School’s system of performance management – observations and appraisals
- Ensure that all staff have access to advice and training appropriate to their need, in order to support and promote professional development
- Determine and implement effective policies for the recruitment of pupils
- Ensure that the progress of pupils in the is monitored and recorded appropriately
- Ensure that there is an effective policy for pastoral care and that this is implemented
- Determine measures to be taken to promote good discipline amongst the pupils in order to ensure high standards of behavior: Where this is less than expected, ensure that measures are taken to rectify this
- Ensure the maintenance of good order and discipline at all times where pupils are present on the school premises and during ‘off site’ activities
- Determine, organize and implement an appropriate curriculum, having regard for the needs, experience, interests, aptitude and stage of development of the pupils and the resources available to the School
- Ensure that all pupils have access to a broad range of enrichment opportunities, including sporting and extra-curricular activities, to supplement the taught curriculum
- Make arrangements for parents to be given regular information about the school curriculum, the progress of their children and other matters pertaining to the School
- Organize and attend meetings, events and functions as are necessary to promote positive and effective relationships between staff, pupils and parents
- Promote the interaction of the School with the wider community.
- Address concerns and enquiries on a regular basis
- Allocate, control and account for those financial and material resources of the School which are under the control of the School
- Assist the Administration in making arrangements for the security and effective supervision of the Lower School grounds and buildings and their contents
- Ensure that maintenance needs are reported promptly
- Create and maintain an effective administration system for handling duties and the efficient administration of the School
- It should of course be noted that the above job description is not exhaustive, and that other duties and responsibilities may be expected, consistent with the efficient and effective role of Head Teacher of the school.
- A bachelor degree in education from a recognized institution.
- At least 4 years experience in a similar position in a reputable institution.
- Evident of track records of performance in academics and extracurricular activities at the National levels is an asset.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Good administrative and organizational skills.
- Computer literate.
- Possesses good interpersonal skills with the ability to network with colleagues.
- Registration with TSC is a MUST.
- Experience working in an international school.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured