Hotel (Camp)- Hemingways Olseki Mara
Department- Food and Beverage Service
Position- Head Waiter
Reports to- Camp Manager
- Proficient in the English language(verbal and written)
- Basic computer knowledge ,Word, excel, Micros or other POS Systems
- Previous F&B experience in a luxury hotel setting is an asset
- Must be physically fit in order to stand for long hours
- Working knowledge of hygienic food handling is an asset.
- Knowledge of food and wine
- Excellent eye for detail and ability to multi-task
- A team player
- Must possess outstanding guest’s services skills and professional presentation.
- Must be effective at listening, understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by guests
- Must possess leadership qualities
Diploma in food and beverage.
2-3 years of experience in the same field.
•Work in close cooperation with the Kitchen and Stewarding as well as the Outlet Cashiers to ensure a smooth-running operation
•Conduct regular training sessions with the assigned team in line with the departmental SOP’s
•Monitor duty schedules for the respective team
•Ensure the proper appearance and grooming of assigned employees
•Work towards the timely set up of the assigned Food & Beverage outlet, according to the meal settings and in line with the opening hours
•Handle the welcome of arriving guests and their seating through the hostess and take over, if she is not available
•Maintain a professional and friendly relationship with the outlet patrons to ensure their well-being
•Familiar with the outlets' menu, promotional activities and other relevant issues concerning the outlet and the hotel
•Contribute to meet and maximizing the monthly revenue budget for the respective outlet.