Job Title : Head Waiter
Location : Westlands, Nairobi.
Term of Service : 3-months’ probation period, renewable to 1-year contract upon satisfactory performance.
Who are We
Our restaurant is reimagining the concept
of casual dining, our restaurant is located in the heart of Westlands. Our
cuisine offers a fresh and colorful culinary experience reminiscient of the
actual Spring season by our use of fresh ingredients, bold plating and a burst
of flavours. At the heart our restaurant is a modern open concept kitchen
because we believe the kitchen is the core of our cooking and that magic
happens when dining at our restaurant.
We invite you to be a part of this team by submitting your application for the following roles
We seek to hire a young a young vibrant eloquent crew.
Main Purpose & Scope of the Job
The Head Waiter is responsible for training junior staff, evaluating customer satisfaction, promoting special menu items, monitoring waiters, assigning tasks, and solving customer complaints.
Duties and Responsibilities.
• Ensures that the service is at all times performed in a professional manner and to the style as specified in the Standard Operating Procedures and the company policy.
• Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
• Communicate with other Restaurant staff and departments.
• Ensure that Company Policy, the Vision Statement, and Departmental Objectives are followed and utilized at all times.
• Assist with mise en place through distribution of tasks and to ensure the monitoring and completion of tasks is done properly and in time allocated.
• Ensure preparation and presentation of training programs, briefings and SOP’s.
• Report, monitor or handle disciplinary matters within the department.
• Advise guests with food allergies or dietaries by liaising with the kitchen and bar teams and ensuring the order is processed correctly.
• Inform customers of daily specials, making recommendations upon request.
• Ensure the team demonstrates highest standards of guest care.
• Attend Management meetings as per company policy.
• Welcome and take food orders from guests in the Restaurant.
• Ensure that service is at all times performed in a professional manner following standards set.
• Ensure that the billing procedure is thorough, correct and signed at completion of each meal.
• Obtain feedback from guests and to use this to improve service and to pass on such to the Kitchen team.
• Ensure overall responsibility of the running of the dining area, private function or room service.
• Engage in preparation, presentation and recording of trainings sessions.
• Maintain good communication between Kitchen/Restaurant and other departments on a daily basis for specials, shortages and special dietary requirements.
• Ensure that the dining and Service areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
• Ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations and report any faults.
• To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety Procedures and Health & Safety regulations;
• Develop and motivate Food & Beverage team.
• Assist in any other duties that may be assigned by the management.
• Diploma in Food & Beverage.
• 3 year supervisory experience in a similar role.
• Training in firefighting and first-aid.
• An up-to-date Medical Food Handlers Certificate
• Flexible and able to work for long hours.
• Is knowledgeable in handling food & beverage equipment, crockery and cutlery.
• Great Planning and organizational skills
• Great Critical thinking and Problem solving skills
• Excellent Customer service skills
• Good communication and leadership skills
How to apply
Interested applicants to send their CVS with the title “HEAD WAITER”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.