The commercial aquaculture industry in East Africa is growing rapidly, based on strong demand and excellent natural resources. Population growth, urbanization, and income growth are all rapidly fueling consumers’ ability and desire to buy fresh fish; however, access to fresh fish has
declined driven by dwindling wild-catch stocks (e.g., tilapia population has dropped 90% over the last 30 years and continues to decline).
Victory Farms Kenya:
Victory Farms is a fully vertically integrated aquaculture company, with farm operations in the Lake Victoria region. Its founders are committed to building a global 'best-in-class' company, which means placing sustainability at the core of operations. The company was established in
2015 and is now the fastest growing fish farm in the region, accounting for roughly 50% of local fish production and 75% of the industry’s annual growth, and is uniquely positioned to continue to scale by employing best-in-class technologies, people and processes to build the
leading global tilapia farm.
OPEN POSITION: Health and Safety Supervisor
As we scale from a start-up farm to a more structured entity, we are looking to add a Safety Supervisor to our team who can add immediate value to the organization and will report into our Health & Safety team. The ideal candidate will be able to provide advice on measures to
minimize hazards or unhealthy situations and constantly lookout for violations.
A successful candidate will:
• Have at least 5 years of experience in Health and Safety
• Have at least a Diploma in Health and Safety
• Be knowledgeable on potentially hazardous materials or practices
• Provide in depth knowledge of legislation and procedures
• Write reports and policies for health and safety
Main areas of responsibility:
• Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics
• Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
• Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
• Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity
• Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
Job Title: Health and Safety Supervisor
Location: Homa Bay
Compensation: Competitive (Base, Bonus, Management Incentive)
Start date: Immediate
Application Deadline: 30th October, 2021
Please send a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications via Apply Now Button.