Are you looking for a new challenge in your career? Great! And you’re considering working at Cigna? Even better! You’ll have lots of questions. Here are some answers.
What does Cigna do?
Cigna provides health insurance services around the world. We’re passionate about helping people improve their health, well-being, and sense of security. We started over 200 years ago and we continued to innovate and expand ever since. At Cigna Health Benefits we focus on the unique needs of Intergovernmental (IGO) and Nongovernmental (NGO) organisations, as well as the needs of multinationals in Europe and Africa.
You can find out more about the company at www.cignahealthbenefits.com.
What makes Cigna different from other employers?
We go further than just paying insurance claims. Solid customer relationships are our main goal. We also strongly believe in business ethics and continually strive to be cleaner, greener, and respectful of all. We owe our success to the talent and dedication of our team. They’re the ones who make a difference in our customers’ lives. So we know that it’s important to go the extra mile for our employees. We make sure they have a good work-life balance and we offer many initiatives for health and well-being.
• You are a member of the Integrated Health Team, servicing the International Organisations. More specifically you’ll take part in the CARE team, a team of non-clinically trained staff, and close work together with the CARE teams worldwide (Antwerp – Madrid – Kuala Lumpur – Nairobi)
• You are responsible for the timely sending of all Guarantees of Payments together with your colleagues.
• The Guarantee of Payment is a confirmation towards the hospital regarding length of admission, treatment and insured amount. To be able to provide this confirmation, the following steps are necessary:
• You analyse requests for medical treatments and hospitalizations. You verify the patient’s extent of cover, our relationship with the provider, the need for medical review and the costs. You monitor the file from an administrative perspective and work in close cooperation with the Care Coordinators and Case Managers.
• You have frequent contacts with medical providers and individual insured, mainly by phone, to obtain all necessary information. You are the focal point of contact for hospitals regarding all their questions related to the Guarantee of Payment.
• All our clients and medical providers are internationally located. Therefore, you manage the English language well, both spoken and written.
• You are fluent in English, both spoken and in writing. Knowledge of Russian language is required.
• You have an analytical mind.
• You work in an accurate and independent way.
• You can work against deadlines.
• You are stress resistant.
• You are a team player.
• Medical background is considered an asset.
• A challenging job in an international and growing enterprise.
• A dynamic, and entrepreneurial company culture that values and stimulates initiative.
• Salary 75,000 gross with extralegal benefits and international medical cover.
If you are interested in this position, please share your resume.