The ideal candidate should be experienced in the management of a Health Club in a five-star hotel setting.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
• Ensure the smooth and efficient running of day-to-day Health Club operations
• Develop and ensure the implementation of luxury Health Club standard operating procedures
• Ensure excellence in customer service through prompt response to guests’ inquiries, complaints and comments
• Develop and supervise the implementation of various Fitness activities based on member demands and market trends
• Inspect the fitness center, spa and swimming pool for cleanliness and proper maintenance of the areas and equipment
• Prepare annual and monthly revenue budgets incorporating all Health Club income generating channels
• Develop and implement initiatives and promotions to drive the Health Club revenue generation in an effort to meet and exceed the sales targets
• In liaison with the management, review pricing of the Health Club services against market trends and customer demands
• Identify and customize packages for target clients in order to up-sell the patronage of the Health Club for fitness and spa services
• In liaison with the finance department, ensure that timely notices/invoices are issued to members whose renewal falls due
• Ensure that all payments for services rendered at the Health Centre are receipted and accounted for.
• Develop and manage the Health Club team attendance schedules, ensuring that adequate cover is provided in line with the business demands.
• Identify performance gaps and actively participate in training and development programs maximizing opportunities for self and team development.
• Monitor and maintain team discipline in accordance to Company regulations
• Be completely conversant with and adhere to the hotel’s health and safety policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all the Health Club team members possess knowledge of current pricing and promotions.
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly departmental reports and send the same to the General Manager within the stipulated deadlines
• Diploma in Sport Sciences/Leisure & Recreation Management or Fitness
• Five years’ experience in a similar position in a 4- or 5-star hospitality establishment
• Must have a valid First aid and Lifeguard certification.
• Excellent Customer Service skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications