POSITIONS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer.
1. Receiving and documenting patients at hospital reception;
2. Registering and booking appointment for patients to clinics and consultants;
3. Storing and retrieving medical records documents;
4. Preparing clinics;
5. Updating bed bureau;
6. Editing of patient case records;
7. Gathering data from different sources;
8. Capturing data from service points;
9. Maintaining record safety and confidentiality;
10. Storing and retrieving medical records;
11. Balancing daily bed returns; creating and maintaining master index;
12. Updating patient master index; directing patients to relevant clinics;
13. Scheduling of patients to the consultants and specialty clinic;
14. Assigning codes to diseases and surgical procedures according to the international classification of diseases and procedures in medicine;
15. Preparing health records and reports.
Requirement for appointment:
1. Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology from a recognized institution; and
2. Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
3. Satisfy the requirements of chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ALL APPLICANTS
I) Applicants MUST attach copies of CV's, academic and professional certificates.
II) Applicants MUST attach a valid Practicing License
III) Current clearance certificates from CID, HELB, EACC and KRA
IV) Confirmation of Kenyan citizenship (National Identity Card).
V) Indicate sub-county and ward of residence.
VI) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
VII) Canvassing directly or indirectly will result to disqualification.
VIII) Gender, ethnicity, disability and regional balance considerations will be applied in the process.
Owing to the Prevailing current global and national situation, citizens are advised to apply online by filling an Online Application Form. Details of Job Description and specifications can be accessed in our website at: www.psbmombasa.go.ke
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through our official lines indicated on this advertisement.
The Mombasa County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Keep on checking our website for Job opportunities
Stay safe #KomeshaCorona