7. Health Records & Information Technician - V.NO. KCPS13/M0H-FACES/07/12/2020
NO. OF POSITIONS: 3
REPORTS TO: The facility in-charges, head of departments in collaboration with Sub County program Coordinators / officers.
DUTY STATION: Masogo Sub County Hospital, Katito Sub County Hospital and Rabuor Sub County Hospital
Terms of Employment: 8 months' Contract
Gross Salary: sh. 33,192 per month
• Minimum certificate in Health Records & Information Management from a recognized government Institution or Health Management Information System
• Minimum 1 years' experience in data management roles within the HIV program
• Proficiency in computer packages for generating and analyzing reports
• Working knowledge of PERFAR funded programs and reporting requirements will be important
• Documented evidence of HIV/Aids M&E training as part of continuing professional development
• Familiar with the experience in NASCOP/MOH reporting requirements and data collection tools.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be a team player, motivator with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must have the ability to multitask, resolve problems and be very flexible
• Those with computer skills will have an added advantage
• Must have interest in working in innovative and demanding rural facilities
• Must be able to carry out his/her duties professionally and show respect to all.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the M&E data officer to ensure regular, complete, accurate, timely and quality monitoring reports from health facilities on all required indicators
• Work closely with the FACES project sub county technical team to manage all DHIS and DATIM data entry activities
• Work very closely with the facility staff and M&E data officers to ensure timely collection, collation, analysis and transmission of information to the MOH systems (DHIS)
• Review collated data, share and raise queries with technical team as appropriate, follow up to ensure the queries are appropriately addressed and resolved.
• Under the guidance of the M& E data officer and working closely with the Quality Improvement Program Officer, conduct regular data quality assessments and incorporate these into routine program monitoring to ensure continuous quality improvement.
• Participate in other clinical quality improvement initiatives at supported health facilities
• Conduct periodic site visits in liaison with the project technical team to provide feedback, monitor progress, address challenges and build capacity to staff to use data for planning and decision making
• Under the guidance of the sub county M&E data team, participate in the review meetings at facility level and sub-county level
• Ensure all facilities routinely update the DHIS dashboards within the facilities to track their progress
• Represent the FACES Technical working group meetings an participate as appropriate
• Enter all project data and upload into DATIM and DHIS and any other FACES database in a timely manner
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website: www.kisumu.go.ke, fill and submit together with CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional Certificates to the undersigned on or before 24th January 2021 by 5.00 pm. Please indicate the vacancy reference number and the position applied for on the envelope.
i. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
ii. The Kisumu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer, the minority, marginalized groups and Persons with Disabilities who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply.
iii.The Board does not charge any fee for interviews or processing of applications. Report any person asking for money in exchange of appointment letter to the nearest Police station for action,
iv. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Board Secretary
Kisumu County Public Service Board
P. Box 7792 — 40100