• Minimum Qualification: Bachelor of Education (Biology/ Chemistry)
• Experience Level: Mid-level
• Experience Length: 3 Years
High School Teacher Qualifications
• Degree in Education (Biology/ Chemistry)
• 3 years of experience or more
• Fluent in English and Swahili
• Well developed and mature professionally with ability to interact with students, colleagues and the organization at all levels
• Must be registered with Teachers Service Commission
The Duties and Responsibilities of the teacher will include but not limited to:
• Develop schemes of work, lesson plans and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experience
• Prepare classroom for class activities. Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment. Be able to use technology to support instructions
• Demonstrate the ability to use a variety of teaching methods to meet the learning needs of the students
• Keep records of work up to date. Maintain academic performance reports and pastoral notes.
• Maintain the attendance register and inform the deputy principal and the social staff of any absenteeism cases.
• Participate in extra curriculum activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations
• Participate in department, school meetings, parents meeting and scheduled trainings
• Adhere to Sisters of Mercy Child Protection and Safeguarding policy, Teachers Service commission code of conduct and the policies of St Michael Secondary School.