A FAMILY CHEF - (Note: Female Candidates are Encouraged to Apply)
Roles and Responsibilities
• Prepairing daily/weekly/monthly menus based on dietary requirements and family preferences.
• Cooking & preparation for daily meals
• Ensure menu incorporates local, regional and international & modern continental cuisine Cooking of healthy, tasty, low-calorie dietary dishes
• Prepare food as per the agreed plans.
• Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen door
• Monitoring and ensuring high level cleanliness, hygiene and safety standards at ALL times and in all places
• Making a list of inventory and required fresh produce Purchasing and budgeting for the purchase of fresh produce
• Table setting and service when required for informal & formal receptions Catering for large receptions, both formal and informal (family gatherings) with help of course
• Implementation of standard health and safety regulation within the kitchen Keeping the workplace, kitchen, store, laundry and all equipment and household appliances clean and tidy at all times. Management of other staff duties and rosters.
• Must hold a diploma in Hospitality (or at least a certificate with over 6 years professional experience) and food and beverage preparation from a reputable institution
• Experience in Three - Five Star Hotels and at least 3-5 years of residential experience
• Mature age of 35 years+
• Should be willing to work for a family residential home in Nairobi.
• Should be able to prepare different types of cuisine ranging from, but not limited to; local, Arabic, Italian, French and Middle EAST.
• Pastry Experience
• Must be able to keep up with cooking trends and come up with new menus.
• Should maintain a high level of cleanliness.
• Should have excellent communication skills.
• Should demonstrate a high level of honesty and integrity and trust.
• Must be proactive and self-motivated.
• Must have ability to work with minimum or no supervision
• Fluent English and Kiswahili
• Must have a clean bill of health
• Must have a most recent certificate of good conduct
• Must provide relevant certificates, identification, and references during the interviews
• 6 days per week with Sunday off
• Annual leave and plans are agreed in advance
• Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate. Private room, food, water electricity, security will be offered upon employment within the home
• Full time employment with 1 month trial period
Salary:Negotiable from Ksh. 19,000+