Hospital Chaplain – 1 Post
AIC Githumu Mission Hospital is a leading Christian faith based level 4 hospital in Muranga, Kenya.
Reporting to the Hospital Administrator the job holder will be required to glorify God through provision of pastoral care and counseling services to Staff, Patients and visitors and coordinating staff spiritual activities
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Evangelism and discipleship to the Githumu Hospital members of staff, patients and all other stakeholders.
2. Bed to bed evangelism and discipleship to patients on a daily basis.
3. Conduct prayers to the inpatient/outpatient/mortuary general services
4. Counseling and visitation of patients and staff members
5. Follow-up of new converts at home and churches
6. Organizing spiritual development programs (chapel services, spiritual emphasis weeks, rallies, daily morning devotions, small groups)
7. Spiritual welfare support (comforting on bereavements, weddings and other staff activities that require the chaplain)
8. Work hand-in-hand with Hospital Fellowship Committee members to enhance the spiritual department in the hospital.
9. Sit in management meetings and other sub-committees as directed by the hospital director.
10. To provide individual, group pastoral counseling for Staff and to maintain appropriate records.
11. To ensure each department has enough resources and materials necessary for spiritual growth.
12. Assess every staff’s spiritual growth on one-on-one basis and seek to know how Githumu Hospital chaplaincy division may help them grow spiritually.
13. To provide seminars, workshops and training programs for the staff.
14. To provide consultation to the Director, peers and other staff members relating to pastoral ministries.
15. In liaison with the HR Division organize recreation activities that will make members of AIC Githumu Hospital Staff fellowship and interact well with one another.
16. To conduct specific research and data collection and other projects related to the spiritual wellbeing of patients and other stakeholders.
17. Manage Spiritual relationships between the Hospital and the local congregations within the community.
18. Represent the hospital director in relevant meetings and conferences.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Evidence of spiritual maturity
• Diploma in theology and or biblical or Christian counseling from an accredited Training institution.
• A licensed Pastor will be more preferable
• Training in counseling psychology is added advantage
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position or related experience
• Previous experience as a Pastor or Chaplain in a healthcare setting will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of a broad range of biblical and vocational counseling methods.
• Ability to use independent judgment and to manage confidential information.
• Ability to provide educational and discipleship programs to staff
Send your application letter and CV and state how your experience matches the specifications via "Apply Now Button" on or before 27th October 2021.