Our client is a new medium sized hotel based in the outskirts of Nairobi. They seek to hire a highly competent and performance driven Hotel Accountant who will be responsible for knowing critical functions within the department and capable of mentoring and assisting employees within the department.
• Develop and manage annual and multi-year budgets that are adequate for the organization’s needs including preparation of periodic budget forecasts.
• Prepare and maintain cash flow analyses as needed.
• Analyze monthly financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows) and effectively convey analysis to staff as requested
• Assist in preparing year-end books for audit.
• Take responsibility for accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity etc
• Ensure operational compliance with policies, procedures and regulations for any necessary entities.
• Process vendor payments and check requests.
• Process employee reimbursements including managing employee credit card charges and reconcile credit card accounts.
• Reconcile bank accounts and general ledger accounts as assigned.
• Respond to inquiries from staff regarding budgets, deposits, disbursement and grant reporting requests.
• Assist in reconciling all balance sheet and income statement accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis as indicated by the monthly closing schedule.
• Process payroll and report payroll taxes for the organization.
• Perform basic office management duties as requested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES.
• Well organized with good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Work effectively with staff and public.
• Work independently.
• Organize tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks.
• Demonstrate good judgment and good problem-solving skills.
• Respond appropriately to evaluation and changes in the work setting
• Degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
• A minimum of 5 years work experience in a high-end hotel.
• Excellent knowledge and experience with accounting software and databases
• Excellent computer skills on MS Office
• Understanding and knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurized environment.