We are looking for an experienced Hotel Manager, with proven work experience in Food and Beverages – a MUST - to oversee the daily operations of our hotel as well as provide strategic direction. You will plan and supervise the activities of an extensive and diverse workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of business. It is important for the hotel manager to be involved in all aspects of the hotel operations. You will be just as responsible for dealing with complaints as for strategizing and preparing reports. You will be a key person of reference for employees and clients as well as external vendors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
• Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
• Manage service aspects in all food and beverage assigned areas and events, acknowledge greet and thank all members and guests.
• Confirm that all service staff are in proper uniform and adhere to the Club’s appearance standards.
• Hire, manage and train staff in all technical and non-technical aspects of quality and service.
• Create, maintain and distribute weekly schedules for staff and communicate changes as appropriate to all.
• Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
• Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
• Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
• Work with the Finance department in delivering hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
• Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
• A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies.
• Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
• Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
• Maximizing room yield and hotels / resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
• Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders.
• Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment’s and services.
• Coordination with HOD's for the execution of all activities and functions.
• Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
• Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
• Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
• Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
Food and Beverages Skills:
- Manage all F&B and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards
- Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service
- Design exceptional menus, purchase goods and continuously make necessary improvements
- Lead F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel
• Degree or college diploma or equivalent in Food and Beverages/hotel management.
• Experience as a Hotel Manager with a minimum of 5 years work (with F&B experience)
• experience working in a high-quality restaurant/establishment.
• Experience in managing people and motivating a team.
• Health and safety experience desirable.
• Excellent management and motivational skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Outstanding customer service.
• Effective communication skills dealing with both internal and external contacts.
• Attention to detail.
• IT/Technical skills - Computer skills for entering details onto the People system.
• Ability to work independently and under pressure whilst prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
• Must have a passion and love for food.
• Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays and a willingness to extend of change hours and days of work from time to time upon request and subject to operational requirements.