DEPARTMENT OF LANDS, ENERGY, HOUSING, PHYSICAL PLANNING AND URBAN PLANNING
2. Housing Officer J/G ‘J’ (1 Post) REF: CG/KLF/CPSB/ADVRO/67/10/20
Duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities are as follows: -
• Carrying out surveys on housing and human settlement issues;
• Analyzing data to inform policy and decision making;
• Generating project reports;
• Preparing designs;
• Cost estimates for developing appropriate building technology centers and how cost house type plans and construction manuals, undertaking assessment of housing needs
Requirements for Appointment
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Valuation, Property management, Architecture, Interior Design, Civil/Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering, Land Economics, Real Estate and Land Administration, Building Economics, Urban/Regional
Planning, Construction Management, Project Management, Economics, Estate Management, Sociology, Community Development, Statistics, Environmental Studies, Geography or equivalent qualification from a recognized university
• Post graduate diploma in Housing or relevant field from a recognized institution (applicable to non professional degree holders)
• Must have relevant knowledge and experience of not less than five (5) years in a related knowledge and experience of not less than five (5) years in a related area within the public service or private sector
• Must have shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
Terms of service: Contract
Salary Scale: 31,270 – 41,260 p.m.
Other Allowances are as issued by Salaries and Remuneration Commission
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, all applicants must obtain the following:
(a) Tax compliance certificate from KRA
(b) Clearance certificate from HELB
(c) Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
(d) Certificate of good conduct (DCC)
(e) Credit Reference Bureau clearance
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUSST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials.
The form can either be;
• Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
• Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Applicants can choose to;
• Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
• Address it to; -
THE SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KILIFI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O BOX 491-80108
All applications in hard copy stating the post applied for should be received not later than 5.00pm on 5th day of November, 2020.
Kilifi County is an equal opportunity employer hence encourages women and physically challenged persons to apply.
• The Kilifi County Public Service Board does not charge fees for any stage of the recruitment and selection process.
• Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
• Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.