The HR and Admin Manager participates in the details of the day-to-day responsibilities of Human Resources Department. Performs job duties within the hotel. Identifies problems and proposes solutions
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
Reporting to: General Manager
Department: HR & Admin
Our client a 5-star hotel based in Zanzibar seeks to hire a well-experienced Human Resource Manager.
The HR and Admin Manager participates in the details of the day-to-day responsibilities of Human Resources Department. Performs job duties within the hotel. Identifies problems and proposes solutions. Obtains approval prior to acting outside established hotel. Acts as liaison between employees and management. Oversees the departmental budget utilization and participates in the development, coordination, implementation and administering of personnel policies, procedures, and programs which address: employment process, employee benefits, compensation, labor laws, employee, relations, and record management.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and monitor implementation of effective human resources strategies and policies in line with the hotel.
• Recruit, deploy and retain quality talents for the hotel for optimal alignment of Human Capital to the strategic mandate.
• Coordinate organizational training needs assessment and plan training and development interventions in line with the overall strategy for improved performance.
• Develop and maintain a cohesive and flexible performance-based culture that will deliver on
the hotel’s objectives.
• Over sees the disciplinary process for all the Departments.
• Review the hotel’s organizational structure for optimal establishment to support business
• Processes and ensure effective manpower and succession planning.
• Develop and maintain competitive remuneration and grading structures.
• Develop and maintain robust administrative systems on records management, transport, and office maintenance.
• Manage employee relations, welfare, safety, and health to foster a conducive work environment and ensure legal compliance.
• Coordinate and supervise the administrative function and outsourced services of the organization
• Provide strategic direction on administration of the hotel through development and implementation of administrative strategies, policies, procedures, and systems.
• Supervise direct reports work and other administrative matters.
• Review performance of direct reports.
• Analyze and Identify training needs for the team, suggest and implement solutions in accordance to the needs for direct report.
• Participate in selection and recruitment process of staff for all the departments, retain mentor and coach .
• Maintain and monitor the integrity of the Human Resources Information Management Systems for accurate employee data.
• Develop and monitor implementation of the Human Resources and Administration Departmental budget for cost management.
• Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff and resources in the HR department.
• Coordinate and ensure the successful implementation of change management initiatives.
• Ensure implementation of management directives on administrative matters.
Knowledge: Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or in social science or a related field.
• Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management.
• MBA/MSc -HRM Option an added advantage.
• Minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience.
• Must have prior experience working in the hotel industry.
• Knowledge of computer applications.
• Membership of IHRM and practicing Certificate from IHRM
• Knowledge of the current Tanzanian Labor Laws
Personal Attributes required for this role:
• Conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent written and spoken communication.
• People oriented and results-driven.
• Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
• Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
• Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
• Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the hotel.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured