We are looking for a motivated and result-driven HR Assistant. In this role, you will undertake duties relating to employee pay, disputes, recruitment, staffing levels, training and development of employees, onboarding of new staff, answering queries, helping to coordinate employee requirements of a business. HR analytics and Excel skills a plus.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Working closely with the Human Resources Manager to ensure new employees are inducted as per the laid down procedures; organizing formal induction/re-induction sessions; drafting the induction programme, making arrangements and evaluation of the induction sessions.
- Compiling monthly payroll changes to be presented to the Finance Office to ensure timely payroll processing.
- Conducing reference checks on all selected candidates for recruitment and presenting the reports before the staff is hired or confirmed depending on the circumstances.
- Ensuring all new staff are issued with the medical scheme registration form, Group life registration and beneficiaries forms.
- Generating and distributing a variety of reports and statistical summaries regarding employee skills, pay, data, and related information.
- Informing both successful and unsuccessful applicants in writing of the panel decision.
- Keeps statistics of vacant posts, number of applicants, gender, etc., for management reports as may be required.
- Preparing advertisement of vacant posts and ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
- Prepares appointment letters.
- Preparing detailed job descriptions in collaboration with the various heads of departments and ensuring that every employee has a signed job description.
- Preparing information needed to create new employee profile and to place new employee on payroll including organizing for staff identity cards.
- Preparing interviews including formulation of interview scoresheets, calling candidates for interviews and ensuring that the interview panel is notified in good time.
- Preparing profiles for new staff to be presented to the board and for announcement.
- Preparing short listing sessions including formulation of shortlisting instruments, notifying the panel and writing the shortlisting reports.
- Supporting the HR Office in secretarial and administrative work including organizing meetings, taking minutes and generation of reports among other duties.
- Taking minutes in interviews and ensuring that the minutes are ready in good time for prompt implementation of the recommendations.
- Collecting data on payroll outputs, management and employee surveys, employment records, and exit interviews.
- Implementing relevant HR metrics in order to determine the efficiency and impact of the workforce.
- Analysing data and statistics for trends regarding recruitment practices, motivation, turnover, and compliance with employment laws.
- Optimizing and implementing new data processes and systems.
- Compiling reports of data results and presenting these to senior managers.
- Identifying short- and long-term goals to ensure top-notch employee performance.
- Recommending policies that will improve the culture within the company and suggest ways in which to hire the best candidates for the job.
- Evaluating jobs and reviewing both existing and new positions and communicating the results of this to senior management.
- Identifying why candidates and employees choose to work within a company and recommending areas in the workplace that can be improved.
- Reviewing job descriptions to impact positively on employee retention.
- A bachelor's degree in human resources or business administration.
- Must have a Higher Diploma in Human Resources or CHRP.
- Member of the IHRM.
- Must have at least three (3) years' experience in a busy/reputable organization; Experience using human resource management systems (HRIS).
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and the ability to create charts, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Familiarity with HR operations, such as hiring, payroll, and employee benefits.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An in-depth understanding of labour laws.
- Possess a high level of business acumen as you'll be responsible for the training and development of staff.
- Meticulous attention to detail and have excellent communication skills.
- Possess competency in a range of HR software and tools.
Must be competent in analysing metrics to determine how they affect the business.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured