a) Create a suite of document templates eg employment contracts, variation to contract letters, invitation to meeting letters, resignation letters, etc. Ensure these are accessible to the team and ensure they are kept up to date and in line with contractual and statutory requirements.
b) Produce employment contracts and variation to contracts in line with authorised management requests.
c) Work closely with the Payroll Department to ensure workforce information is kept up to date, and any problems identified and addressed. Issue accurate payroll instructions, to meet payroll deadlines.
d) Work with the Head of HR to guide and advise management and employees, through all aspects of the employee life cycle to include absence management, investigations, discipline, grievance, capability, in accordance with the consistent application of policies and procedures and compliance with employment law and best practice.
e) Manage the implementation and monitoring of HR processes including recruitment and selection, employment contracts and variations, starters and leavers, employment checks, induction, mandatory/other training, probationary period review, performance and development review, maternity/paternity/shared parental leave, flexible working requests and the evaluation of training, providing appropriate support and coaching to all management to ensure full compliance with policies and procedures.
f) Assist manager in the management of poor performance, advising on solutions and assisting with their implementation. g) Provide management information reports relating to HR for example absence data, staff lists, payroll costs, etc. Work on requests for information, ensuring timely and accurate responses are provided.
h) Work with management to ensure all information (eg jobs, hours, etc) are up to date.
i) Contribute to the development of HR policies, as requested.
j) Management and provision of HR data including data input, as necessary.
k) Maintain a filing system to ensure documents and information are retained and easy to locate.
l) Maintain and update HR database systems.
m) Co-ordinate learning and development events for college staff, as required, and participate in the delivery of events as relevant.
n) Complete relevant documentation in line with Regulatory and awarding bodies.
o) Deputise for the Head of HR, as required.
p) Seek at all times to be effective and efficient and to enhance the quality of the service which the HR team gives to all its users in line with the values of the Company, thereby assisting them to provide a high quality of service to learners.
• Assisting with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
• Providing clerical and administrative support to Head of Human Resources
• Compiling and updating employee records (hard and soft copies)
• Maintain digital and electronic records of employees.
• Serve as point of contact with benefit vendors and administrators.
• Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
• Maintain HR calendars. Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
• Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation.
• Assist with performance management procedures.
• Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
• Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
• Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
• Complete termination paperwork and exit interviews.
• Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practice
• Manage office transport and travels
• Must have a bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources.
• Experience working with skilled and unskilled labor.
• Must have a strong understanding of national labor law.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, with a welcoming attitude & positive disposition when dealing with people & problems
• Experience in a multicultural workplace
• Strong communication skills at all levels.
• Ability to balance multiple tasks while working under tight deadlines.
• Strong leadership skills and initiative team player.
• Totally reliable and able to safeguard confidential information
• Strong in written and verbal English & Kiswahili languages
• Ability to manage diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities
• Ability to maintain high performance standard with attention to detail
• Commitment to continuous personal growth