1. JOB DETAILS:
Job Title: HR Business Partner – Compensation & Benefits Administrator
Reports to: Group Human Resources Manager
Direct Reports: None
Department: Human Resources
2. JOB PURPOSE:
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) will be responsible for payroll, compensation and benefits processing. This includes developing various reports by researching and gathering information, preparing statistical returns, maintaining confidential payroll records, filing KRA Returns, collecting, organising and reporting financial information used in audits and budget development and other duties as assigned. This role works closely with the Group Human Resources Manager prepare job descriptions, job analysis, job evaluations, job classifications, produce payroll data with source inputs including electronic time sheets, and generating payroll data for interfacing with the company’s accounting
3. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Specify the output required from the job. Identify not more than 7 Key Accountabilities & their performance indicators. NB-Focus on outcomes not tasks
• Assists in the development of strategies to accomplish our client mission, vision, and organisational goals and objectives
• Providing expert payroll advice and guidance on a regular basis to Group Human Resources Manager, employees, external vendors, and auditors on payroll policies and issues as the decision-maker and highest escalation point within Payroll.
• Define a fair, equitable and competitive total compensation and benefits package that fits and is aligned to our company’s strategy and business goals.
• In collaboration with the Group Human Resources Manager, evaluate and analyse existing payroll policies, procedures and business processes and propose improvements and/or quality control measures leading to best practice operations; and
• Encourage and implement continuous improvement measures within Payroll.
• Assist the Group Human Resources Manager prepare job descriptions, job analysis, job evaluations and job classifications.
• Maintain records and filing system for payroll department in a confidential manner, including employee files, wage garnishments, taxes, payroll reports, and any other payroll related information;
• Set up and maintenance of general office management systems, including filing systems and databases, as per Organisation Policy;
• Establish hard copy (where appropriate) and electronic filing of general correspondence, financial records, papers and other confidential materials, as per Organisation Policy.
• Supporting the development and implementation of our clients pay and reward, compensation and benefits strategy e.g. through support with pay negotiations, production of annual reward statements, operation of annual performance review and bonus
• Provide accurate information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax rates, employee salaries in accordance with the relevant Agreement, Awards, and legislative provisions; and
• Liaise with line managers, third party associations and other stakeholders to ensure effective external and internal relations are maintained.
• Providing advice and guidance to the Group Human Resources Manager on a variety of matters such as; payroll administration, benefits management, and performance and compensation management consultation.
• Maintain reports and payroll transactions to support the integrity of the system and to meet audit requirements;
• Partners with HRIS; and Compensation and Benefits functions as needed to provide solutions for clients.
• Utilising the payroll system to calculate and process employee leave entitlements in accordance with relevant agreements, including but not limited to annual leave, personal leave, time in lieu and long service leave;
• Working closely with Information Technology (IT) to troubleshoot and maintain the payroll system; preparing payroll journal voucher entries and working with staff to reconcile payroll accounting information including: payroll receivables after payroll runs; working with other Accounting staff to reconcile and clear pay
checks in HRM after monthly bank reconciliations are completed
• Leads and/or supports annual HR cycle deliverables to include
performance management; merit and bonus awards; benefits enrolment; etc.
• Process through the monthly payroll all statutory deductions like. P.A.Y.E, N.S.S.F., N.H.I.F. and other staff deductions.
• Processes staff benefits i.e. advances, allowances, terminal benefits and any other approved claims
4. JOB CONTEXT: Define organizational policy and other factors that have a critical impact on the job
• Maintain communication between stakeholder and consultants on progress, issues and actions required on a weekly basis and provide management reports, as well as ad-hoc reports as required for weekly review with the Group Human Resources manager.
• Communicate and implement Human Resources policies, practices, and procedures in support of the Al- Futtaim safety vision and goals; and maintain accountability for safety performance of all subordinate employees.
5. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
• Bachelor's degree in Accountancy, Financial Management or Human Resources Management is preferred.
• Experience in SAP Payroll or SAP HCM Certification, CPA (K).
• 5 years payroll experience processing a payroll in a multi-national environment and HR Business Partner experience;
• Demonstrated data entry and computer based payroll experience;
• Knowledge of building compensation packages and bonus programs for various departments and seniority levels.
• Relevant HR experience (generalist or specialist) gained in large complex organisation(s) with multiple stakeholders (including matrix relationships).
• Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, benefits, organizational diagnosis, talent acquisition, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and information to a range of audiences and stakeholders.
• Skilled analytical thinker with ability to critically assess requirements.
• Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong computer skills, experience with MS Office programs, including but not limited to: word processing, email, preparation of tables and proficiency in Excel spreadsheets. Sound understanding and/or experience with databases is essential;
Behavioural Competencies :
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of individuals in a wide range of situations which usually requires tact, diplomacy and discretion