Africa Inland Mission International, a non-profit organization, is seeking motivated, servant hearted, devote followers of Jesus Christ interested in meeting the logistical needs of the mission community in East and Central Africa.
The primary purpose for the existence of the organization is to facilitate the spread of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Candidates will soon realize that their positive contributions to the work of the organization will have a significant impact on this purpose.
Department: Human Resource
Nature of Work: Full time
Reports To: Associate Director
Job Location: Tumaini C.C – Karen (Silanga Rd)
To ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality Human Resource Services to each ABS Employee with emphasis on staff relations, staff performance and effective member care as well as an effective liason between staff and management to assist employed staff to be effective and growing in their role at ABS.
KEY RESULT AREAS (Highlighted in bold)
NB – Under each key result area the duty is indicated
• Liaise with Manager/Supervisor providing them with necessary information and documentation to perform appraisals as per ABS Staff Handbook.
• Ensure appraisals are completed and signed.
• Review Staff Appraisals and do necessary follow up with staff members, Department Manager or Supervisor on issues raised during the appraisal process such as changes to JD’s, review of salary, training needed, etc.
• Periodically review the appraisal process and propose changes to Supervisor as necessary and appropriate.
• Provide regular training regarding all aspects of appraisal process for Department Managers, Supervisors and Staff Members.
• Regularly review current staffing complements in each department in consultation with Department Managers/Supervisors to assess necessary Staffing changes including creation of new positions, redundancies, retirements, recruitments plans, etc.
• Ensure the process for employment of new personnel including advertising, receiving of applications, short-listing, interviewing and hiring is carried out as per ABS Policies and Proceedures.
• Ensure all documentation related to employing a new ABS Staff Member is completed in a accurate manner including staff checklists, letter of appointment, notification of appropriate government officials, etc.
• In cooperation with the HR Officer, ensure new staff members are given the necessary and appropriate information regarding their employment including Contract, ABS Employee Handbook, Benefits Package, etc.
Staff Grievance, Discipline and Termination:
o Assist Department Managers/Supervisors with grievance, disciplinary matters.
o Ensure disciplinary matters are done in compliance with ABS Employee Handbook and Labour Laws of Kenya.
o Ensure the process for termination of ABS Employees is carried out in an appropriate manner as per ABS Employee Handbook and Kenya Labour Laws.
o Ensure appropriate government officials are notified and necessary documentation is completed and retained in the event of termination of employment .
o Ensure appropriate communication of termination or discipline of staff to relevant parties.
o Ensure redundancy, resignation and retirement are carried out in compliance with ABS Employee Handbook and Labour Laws of Kenya
o Ensure appropriate communication of retirement,redundancy and resignation to relevant parties.
o In the event of the demise of a staff member ensure issues arising are handled well.
• Ensure effective planning of ABS Christmas Party in consultation with the HR Officer.
• Liase with HR Officer to plan other ABS Events such as farewells, Safety Pro Day, special trainings, Team buildings etc.
General Administration and member care
o Ensure all relevant Acts and Supplements related to Kenya Labour Laws are kept on file in the HR Office for reference by other Departments
o Ensure ABS is in compliance with all acts, supplements, regulations related to HR including OSHA and current Labour Laws,
o Assist HR Officer in maintaining HR Files as necessary and appropriate
o Ensure HR Documents Templates/Forms are current including JD, Appraisal Form, etc
o Maintain Contact List for ABS Staff Members
o Ensure information posted on Staff Bulletin Boards is accurate and up to date
o Ensure all HR related matters are communicated to ABS Staff in a accurate and timely manner including Memos, Notices
o Serve as the liason to ensure effective member care for staff. i.e illness, birth of a baby, weddings etc.
Maintenance of ABS Employee Handbook
o In consultation with the appropriate parties, ensure a regular thorough review of ABS Employee Handbook to ensure all policies, procedures are correct and up to date and communicated to the staff members and relevant parties.
o Coordinate with the HR Officer to ensure all ABS Staff receive regular training and education regarding the information contained in the ABS Employee Handbook
o Ensure all staff have received and read the ABS Employee Handbook and have signed the document indicating such.
ABS Task Force Responsibilities
• Ensure HR issues that need to be addressed are brought to the attention of the ABS Task force convener.
• Ensure necessary follow up on Task Force issues is done.
Staff Training and Education
• In consultation with the Human Resource Officer ensure all staff receive regular training on HR matters, issues, policies, procedures, regulations and benefits
• In consultation with Human Resource Officer, Department Managers and Supervisors to ensure each staff member is receiving ongoing training related to their JD as necessary and appropriate
Coordinate with the ABS Personnel Coordinator
• Ensure good coordination and communication with Personnel Coordinator as necessary and appropriate on HR related issues including staff training, events, immigration, grievances, complaints, etc
Coverage for Human Resource Officer
• Provide coverage for Human Resource Officer as necessary
NB: Any other Duty assigned by the Supervisor
Required Qualifications/Experience & Communication Demands
• Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite i.e. excel, word, access, PowerPoint
• A valid driving license
• Certificate of Good Conduct
• Additional training/education in HR Management, Administration Bookkeeping and accounting training
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in Human Resources
• One year of driving experience
• Working in a diverse/multi-cultural setting
• Management or supervisory experience
• Two years and above in Bookkeeping or accounting.
• Professional verbal and written communication Skills in English and Kiswahili
Required Skills/Attributes & Competencies:
• Honest, trustworthy
• Evidence of a relationship with Jesus Christ and godly lifestyle
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently
• Able to take initiative appropriately
• Well organized, able to manage time well
• Professional, polite demeanor
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to manage conflict effectively
• Servant oriented mindset and attitude
• Good team player – able to consult and coordinate appropriately
• Attentive to Confidentiality
• Able to develop strong working rapport with the HR Officer
• Lifelong learner attitude
How to Apply:
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are welcome to fill in AIM-ABS Application form accessed via the following link:https://bit.ly/3pn6igD or click the "Apply Now Button".
Please note that no other method of application will be acknowledged other than the online application Form.
Posting Date: 21/10/2021
Expiry Date: 05th November 2021