The HR Manager –will participate in the delivery of the business objectives by delivering a compelling strategic HR framework and providing professional HR generalist expertise and support, in line with the overall TCML vision and mission.
• Partner with HR team and key stakeholders and leadership to deliver generalist HR leadership and support in line with the business strategy
• Oversee the implementation and delivery of key HR initiatives as the liaison contact between HR and business in all business operations and processes
• Translate business requirements into effective HR practices and operational plans/initiatives
• Responsible for execution of all HR processes in the employment and business cycle, in line with policy and labour legislation.
• Contribute to the business strategy by identifying, prioritizing, and buildingorganizational capabilities, structures, and processes.
• Contribute significantly to thechange and culture transformation agenda
• Diagnose business challenges and together with HR team and relevant stakeholders, design appropriateinterventions/solutions and ensure E2Eexecution.
• Execute and communicate company performance management philosophy and processes in order to build high-performing teams and staff, aligned with the overall corporate performance agenda.
• In liaison with HR,propose, formulate, review and interpret new or revised Human Resources Policies andProcedures to support business.
• Support the HR strategy inworkforce forecasting and talent pipelinerequirements in line with the business strategy.
• Promote and create an enabling environment for continuous employee engagement and feedback.
• Provide HR expert advice and support to management where appropriate.
• Regular HR reporting and submission of ad-hoc reports and informationas required, with recommendations for future action
i) Recruitment & selection
• Confirm justification for a vacancy in line with business requirements
• In liaison with Resourcing team, identify and agree on potential resourcing sources
• Participate in interviews, job offer and onboarding
ii) Learning & Development
• Conduct training needs analysis for the employees/teams and advise appropriate interventions
• Submit training requirement to L & D team in line with approved budget
• Partner with L & D team to deliver training interventions
iii) Performance Management
• Responsible for entrenching a performance culture in the business by communicating and enforcing performance management processes within company set timelines
• Follow up on non-performance cases and advise appropriate actions to address performance gaps
iv) Reward and Remuneration
• Support Compensation& Benefits team in conducting job analysis and evaluation of business roles
• Support the Compensation & Benefits team and line managers on remuneration review process and budget
v) Employee Relations
• Act as first line of contact in HR for any employee relations issues arising in the business
• Support, guide and coach line managers in the management of employee grievances, conflicts and discipline
• Create an enabling environment for employee engagement and communication
• In liaison with the HR team, initiate employee welfare programmes to enhance employees value proposition
• Carry out staff exit interviews.
vi) HR Strategy/Projects
Partner with HR team in the implementation of strategic HR plan, projects and initiatives and add value to the business and employees
Support the HR team in designing and implementing any specific change management programmes
Partner with line managers and relevant stakeholders to ensure all HR projects/initiatives are appropriately communicated and implemented
Competencies & Experience:
• Minimum degree in Human Resources, Business Management or other relevant field.
• Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.
• MBA degree will be an added advantage.
• Minimum 5 years in a HR role in a comparable environment, 3 years in a similar role or on a consultative or partnership capacity.
• A current member of Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM K).
• Experience of using HR management information system
• Demonstrable business acumen and delivery.
• Demonstrates the ability to break down strategy into practical operations plans at alllevels.
• In-depth knowledge of HR policies, systems and procedures and ability to articulate these at all staff and management levels
• Sound understanding and interpretation of Kenya’s Labour Regulations and Legislation
• Knowledge and Application of Change Management Principles-
• Ability to implement and manage specific workplace change initiatives
• Capability forcoaching and mentoring
Other Desired Skills:
• Unquestionable integrity, confidentiality and professional maturity
• Energetic, drive, assertive and ability to take own initiative, possess a “can do” attitude
• Ability to influence, collaborate and build consensus
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Build and sustain effective relationships within the business
• Excellent communication