Our client, an International NGO, is looking for an HR Manager for their offices in Nairobi.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:8 years
He/she will be responsible for overseeing the HR function within the organisation in Africa. This includes responsibility for the organisation’s recruitment, compensation, benefits, training and development, labour relations and HR administration. This position ensures that the organization’s HR priorities and targets are met and that standard operating procedures are strictly adhered to. He/she will model the organizational values and will support colleagues to understand and live these values. This position supervises two HR Supervisors and a Senior HR Officer Protocol. Experience in the NGO sector is a MUST!
• Ensure development, implementation, dissemination and monitoring of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for all HR related activities are strictly adhered to.
• Conduct job function observations of HR staff to ensure compliance is met and identifies any areas of improvement or training needs.
• Develop and implement department specific pipeline analysis to inform workload projections and staffing and to anticipate future workloads.
• Ensure annual plan and strategic planning goals are met as communicated by the HR Coordinator.
• Provide direct supervision and leadership to the HR Department, including yearly performance evaluations, developing job descriptions, participating in hiring and coordinating leave.
• Develop and implements training modules for HR staff, in coordination with the Training unit, and ensures that staff receive adequate training, and that they are monitored and evaluated.
• Ensure coaching, mentoring, feedback and corrective action plans are being carried out where needed.
• Develop performance management systems that support consistency in work outputs.
• Monitor staff time and attendance.
• Monitor and ensure a safe, healthy and professional work environment.
• Actively support staff by promoting safe space, open-door and the escalation policy.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related area with post graduate.
• qualification/certification in Human Resource Management, Master’s degree is preferred.
• IHRM Certified.
• Eight (8) years work experience is required.
• Two (2) years of direct supervisory experience.
• Proven experience managing working in an HR management capacity with large multi-cultural teams.
• Experience with overseas processing.
• Understanding of Kenya Labor Law and retirement benefits rules and regulations. Added advantage of an understanding of US Labour law.
• Demonstrated knowledge of performance management systems and performance evaluation.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Computer literacy, with a strong emphasis on Microsoft Excel and Outlook Education.
• Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
• Work independently and contribute to overall operations in Africa.
Monthly gross salary: Negotiable - depending on experience
Position Level: Upper mid Level
Deadline: 9th of October 2022
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured