Objectives and Scope of the HRMIS development
Inuka Africa has for a while been developing and utilizing a Web Based PHP/MySQL HRMIS system with various features in place. The organization requires to add more features to the existing system as not all required functionality has been developed. This is for better management of Human Resources Information. The purpose of the HRMIS will be to:
- Capture, retrieve & offer required storage of employee information, records, and other data with the aim of making important decisions in a step to being able to properly manage our workforce.
- Automate and streamline the generation of some of our major manual processes/reports by generating different reports related to employee information required by the Inuka Africa Management.
- Facilitate the HR department personnel in carrying out some activities that are simply impossible to do manually in a timely, systematically and provide different needed information to the management as required.
Specification guideline of the HRMIS Extension
The specific guideline to the development of the HRMIS shall be:
- Continued utilization of Web based already in place - built using PHP and MySQL as the fundamental technologies on Cloud Servers
- Integration of additional system modules (recruitment, payroll, welfare, Training, Leave, Attendance and Performance Management)
- Linkage with system modules like online (recruitment, payroll, welfare, Training, leave, Attendance and Performance Management)
- User friendly and highly secured system with easy and attractive graphical representation
- Preservation and use of existing staff records from existing database by extension of existing HRMIS platform
- Dynamic Report generating system – from the additional modules to be incorporated.
Approach of Work
The developer is free to choose any method which is necessary to fulfill the stated objectives of the HRMIS. However, it is expected that they will listen to the key persons of the Inuka Management Team, overview different systems of HRM department also review the existing software, data and all relevant documents. After considering all these, the developer will extend our existing platform. It is very much expected that after over-viewing the existing situation and organizational needs the Developer will share their concept of software architecture before starting work on the software.
Nature & Scope of Work
The developer will extend the current Inuka HRMIS with the following system modules:
- An intuitive recruitment screening tool/System: Provision of an online based job application, processing, screening and sending online messages, generating of written & oral test result, automation of different letters including joining letters, Promotion, Transfer, warning, show cause, suspension, termination, and other disciplinary actions.
- User-friendly staff Performance Management System/ management module with performance tracer and appraisal system.
- Attendance and Leave Management System.
- Welfare / Provident fund Management System.
- Staff Training Management and Information System with training appreciation
- The system will generate different dynamic reports as per requirement.
Qualification of the HRMIS Developer
- Minimum of diploma in CS, IT or related field.
- Demonstrated abilities in PHP, HTML and MySQL. Should also be familiar with Python as an added advantage;
- At least 2-3 years coding experience
- Ability to work off of and build upon other people’s code;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfort working within agile methodologies.
- Excellence in Testing knowledge.