6. HTS Counselor - V.NO. KCPSB/MOH-FACES/06/12/2020
NO. OF POSITIONS: 3
Reports to the facility in-charge, head of departments in collaboration with Sib-County program Coordinators.
Duty Station: Sondu Health Centre, Railways Dispensary and Nyahera Sub County Hospital
Terms of Employment: 8 months' Contract
Gross Salary: sh. 28,192 per month
• Must have a mean grade of C- Minus and above in K.C.S.E
• Must have Diploma in Social Science/ Community Development and any Health-related course
• Must have HTS certificate certified by NASCOP
• Must have been trained in HTS new algorithm training
• Must have at least one-year experience in HIV testing and counseling
• Those with training on partner notification services, medical laboratory skills, counsellor supervision skills, couple and paediatric counseling skills will have an added advantage.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be a team player, motivator with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must have the ability to multitask, resolve problems and be very flexible
• Those with computer skills will have an added advantage
• Must have interest in working in innovative and demanding rural facilities
• Must be able to carry out his/her duties professionally and show respect to all.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct 100% HIV eligibility screening to clients coming for services in supported facilities and offer HIV testing services to all eligible in supported facility.
• Conduct 100% TB/STI screening of clients coming for services in all supported facilities
• Conduct 100% linking of newly identified HIV positive clients to care/ART treatment services and HIV negative clients to preventive services to facility of choice.
• Offer partner notification services to both newly identified and known HIV positive clients to eligible contacts.
• Conduct complete and accurate documentation in the recommended registers
• 100% participation in Proficiency Testing, Counsellors support supervision and Direct Observed Practice
• Conduct monthly Internal Quality Control;
• Will have 100% Individual accountability of all test kits received in the relevant commodity management tool (Top up cards, DAR);
• Conduct facility continuous medical education (CMEs) and health talks to clients;
• Must be able to meet the daily set targets for the site;
• Should be able to create demand for HIV testing services;
• Provide special group counseling e.g., couples, discordant couples, youth and adolescents;
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of the patient's information within the facility;
• Work closely with the SCASCO, facility in charge and other MOH staff to ensure smooth provision of HIV services and increase MOH ownership and capacity
• Writing and submitting weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the supervisors;
• Perform any other duty assigned by supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website: www.kisumu.go.ke, fill and submit together with CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional Certificates to the undersigned on or before 24th January 2021 by 5.00 pm. Please indicate the vacancy reference number and the position applied for on the envelope.
i. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
ii. The Kisumu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer, the minority, marginalized groups and Persons with Disabilities who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply.
iii.The Board does not charge any fee for interviews or processing of applications. Report any person asking for money in exchange of appointment letter to the nearest Police station for action,
iv. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Board Secretary
Kisumu County Public Service Board
P. Box 7792 — 40100