5. HTS Improvement Lead - V.NO. KCPSB/MOH-FACES/05/12/2020
NO. OF POSITIONS: 1
Reports To: The facility in-charge, head of departments in collaboration with Sub County program Coordinators / Officers.
Duty Station: Rabuor Sub County Hospital
Terms of Employment: 8 months' Contract
Gross Salary: sh. 50,423 per month.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee the planning and implementation of HTS strategies at selected health facilities
• Ensure the Provider-initiated HIV Testing and Counselling is offered at all service points (inpatient, outpatient, MNCH and clinics) at selected health facilities
• Oversee planning and implementation of high yielding HTS strategies in selected health facilities
• Provide supportive supervision, mentorship, coaching, on-the-job training, off-site orientation, dissemination of guidelines and standards, implementing quality improvement initiatives at selected health facilitates
• Oversee the planning and implementation of HIV testing services for families and sexual Partners/contacts of people living with HIV (Family and Partner Testing and Counselling [FPTC]) at —selected health facilities
• Implement strategies for referrals and linkages of newly diagnosed HIV infected clients between HTS points and the HIV clinics (CCC), at selected health facilities
• Implement internal and external quality assurance measures for HIV testing services, at selected health facilities
• Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as required for successful Implementation of HTS activities at selected health facilities
• Provide support for monitoring, reporting, evaluation and documentation in a timely manner
• Work with SCHMT to ensure successful transference of mentorship, technical support and support supervision to HTS providers at selected health facilities.
• Must have a Mean Grade of C Plus and above in KCSE
• MUST have at least a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from Kenya Medical Training College or any other recognized institution with a valid practicing license
• Must be willing to work in any sub-county within Kisumu County
• At least two years' experience in implementing a HIV program, preferably HIV testing services.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
• Demonstrated track record of providing mentorship and supervision for strengthening HTS services and training in quality improvement approaches
• Training in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment including HIV Testing
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages for report writing and presentation
• Excellent interpersonal skill; ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain relationships
• Ability to identify problems, design interventions and oversee their implementation
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
• Ability to train and mentor others
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website: www.kisumu.go.ke, fill and submit together with CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional Certificates to the undersigned on or before 24th January 2021 by 5.00 pm. Please indicate the vacancy reference number and the position applied for on the envelope.
i. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
ii. The Kisumu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer, the minority, marginalized groups and Persons with Disabilities who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply.
iii.The Board does not charge any fee for interviews or processing of applications. Report any person asking for money in exchange of appointment letter to the nearest Police station for action,
iv. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Board Secretary
Kisumu County Public Service Board
P. Box 7792 — 40100