Reporting to: Manager Human Resource & Administration
Major Duties and responsibilities
Purpose: Under general direction of the Manager Human Resource & Administration, provide HR & Administrative guidance to the management and to the correspondents in particular:
HR related roles
• Support in the supervision and mentorship of staff in the delivery of HR and business operations.
• Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures with regard to HR and operations.
• Providing day to day performance support guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as leave records, hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
• Assist in recruiting, interviews, tests, selects and contract management in the entity.
• Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
• Develop contract/employment terms for new hires, promotions, transfers and contracted resources.
• Assist in the preparation of appraisals process and review all benefit and payroll changes prior to processing.
• Assisting international employees who have expatriate assignments and related HR matters, to acquire and comply with the Law on non-immigrant and immigrant visa matters.
• Maintenance of HR data for the entity through HRIS and employee records in accordance with legal requirements and best practices.
• Support in the workforce planning, career management and succession planning.
• Prepare all necessary monthly payroll files for staff and submit to the Accounts & Finance department on time.
• Check and maintain accurate personnel files for all staff, ensuring all documentation is complete.
Administrative related roles
• Assist in the maintenance of office premises cleanliness and etiquette amongst the support staffs.
• Assist the purchasing and acquisition of goods and services needed by the entity in multiple locations, for continuous operation and development and maintenance activities.
• Assist in preparation of competitive bidding by obtaining price quotes as required in a primary contact point with any vendors.
• Any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time
QUALIFICATION; Academic Qualifications
• Minimum Diploma/Degree in Human Resource Management.
• Registered Member of IHRM
• Certification as Human Resource Professional will be an Added Advantage
• Three to five years’ experience as a HR Officer/Assistant in a large institution dealing with microfinance.
• Experience in training, demonstrated ability in project management and monitoring.
• Experience and knowledge in HR assignments.
• Fluent in English (written and Spoken)
• Hands on word, excel, power point, MS project and internet is mandatory.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including capacity for proposal development is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and focus on priority.
• Solid leadership and strategic thinking, experience and networking.
• Forward looking.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with different institutions and variety of stakeholders.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Experience in training, listening, presentation, and learning facilitation.
• The position requires in Kenya.
Shall be competitive based on experience and possessed skills.
Applicants should mention their current and expected salary.
Applications to reach us before 16th May 2021