- Manage factory recruitment in liaison with the Production Manager.
- Manage performance and training activities for all Factory staff.
- Serves as a strategic and tactical business partner to the Factory leadership team.
- Assist in the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee booklets, communications, and/or meetings
- Ensure full statutory compliance and implement corrective measures.
- Promote Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) consciousness and ensure compliance to food handler’s examination.
- Manage day-to-day industrial relations issues.
- Contact point for all general audits, quality management system (QMS)and ISO, coordinate all legal cases, briefing the legal manager and factory manager.
- Manage all HR reports including preparation of management reports, supervision of time attendance register and casual management.
- Manage all welfare items, procurement and distribution of welfare benefits optimally within budget and cost effectiveness.
- Prepare the Factory dynamic focus and HR budget in liaison with the Finance Manager and the Factory Manager.
- Payroll management.
- Overseeing and managing annual compensation and promotion cycles, employee engagement, rewards and recognition framework
- Developing excellent information through weekly and monthly HR report.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
Desirable Diploma in Human Resource Management
Relevant Experience and Key skills
• Experience gained in a factory setting with formal education in human resources or Administration.
• Sound knowledge of Kenya labour laws and policies
• Superior interpersonal skills and time management.
• Proficient in all MS Office applications, PeopleSoft experience a plus.
• Experience in administration of a collective bargaining agreement including grievance investigation, responses and participation in contract negotiations desirable.
• Length of Experience
• Five (5) years of HR generalist work
Strong leadership & managerial skills; Strong sense of judgment; Reliability, integrity; High sense of initiative and creativity; Timeliness, good time management; Ability to adhere to deadlines; good communication skills; Initiative and self motivation; planning, scheduling and organizing skills; Personable and hardworking