Overview of the company
Zanifu is a financial technology startup founded in 2016. Our mission is to use technology to bring opportunity & efficiency to retailers in the emerging markets. We do this by building products that provide Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME’s) with
working capital to purchase goods from formal supply chains. All financial products are designed with retailers in mind. The size, price & duration of the credit are custom-built around the volumes, margins & frequency of the retailers.
● We are looking to hire an experienced HR Assistant with the ability to path a great learning and growth path as we look into growing our business operations. In this role, you will manage and maintain our human resource records, responsible for
our recruitment process and assist with other HR-related issues. This position directly reports to the Chief Operations Officer.
● Support all internal and external HR related inquiries on a day to day basis.
● Maintain digital and electronic records of the employees while maintaining high levels of employee confidentiality.
● Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks, and issuing employment contracts.
● Perform orientation process for new employees and update their personal employee folder.
● Design and update the performance management procedure within the company while keeping employee progress tracker.
● Supervise the completion of compensation and benefit documentation, termination paperwork and exit interviews.
● Coordinate all internal and external training and seminars with employees, customers, and suppliers as well as potential partners.
● Initiate the payroll process and assist with any payroll errors that may arise.
● Submit monthly reports of staff wellness, HR activities as well as upcoming company activities.
● Update the senior staff management of human resource trends and policy changes while providing actionable solutions.
● Undertake regular process review and conduct certain company administrative duties.
● Help manage our employees through the performance improvement program.
● Professionalism: In-depth knowledge of human resource policies, procedures and practices and ability to apply them in an organizational setting; Demonstrate use of initiatives and make appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps; ability to meet commitments, observes deadlines while
achieving quality outcomes; is able to handle employee conflict in an impartial manner to both parties.
● Planning and Organizing: Develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identify priority activities and assignments; adjust priorities as required; allocate appropriate amounts of time and resources for completing work; foresee risks and allow for contingencies while planning.
● A Higher Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or related courses.
● Proven work experience in the Human Resource role with a minimum of 2 years.
● Have exposure to the national labor laws, payroll systems and the employment equity requirement.
● Ability to communicate clearly, manage personal and company time effectively, strong decision making and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and people management skills.